Good place to take my wife

I have a chance to take my wife away for the night with no kids. Does anyone know a good overnight get away. I was looking for something around the Rochester area since I have to drop my oldest step sons car off to him in Canadagua. Any help will be greatley appreciated.

I was going to say the desert, or perhaps deep in the swamps somewhere, but then i saw you said you wanted to bring her back.

I have a chance to take my wife away for the night with no kids. Does anyone know a good overnight get away. I was looking for something around the Rochester area since I have to drop my oldest step sons car off to him in Canadagua. Any help will be greatley appreciated.

Having to take a car for delivery first, ends any idea of a romantic outing. Don't think otherwise...

The Inn On The Lake is very nice in Canandaigua. They have an outdoor bar and as the name implies, it is right on the lake. Nice rooms and restaurant too. The Culinary Center is right next to the Inn and has some interesting seminars and tastings.

skanaeateles(sp) is very nice

thanks for that...any recomendations on rooms? They seem to have a ton

I sprung for the Tower Suite, because I figured I wouldn't be back for a while. It is the turret room, overlooking the whole grounds. Gorgeous and romantic. We were there for 2 nites and it wasn't so bad, price-wise.

I took my significant other to Wilmington, NC a few weeks back. It was a nice little getaway from this zoo we live in. We took a ferry up the carolina coast and stayed in a waterfront room. In Wilmington we did a horse carriage ride through the historical down town and ate at some great restaurants. We wanted to do a dinner cruise but they didn't have one that night. Overall, it was well worth the $300 i spent total for the trip.

That's going to be one heluva detour from Rochester.