OK so, now that Conner Byrne is done writing for 365....

Can realfootball365 disappear from the front page of TBD where all of the real news outlets are? I have nothing against the site, but I mean, it's no more informative than someone writing a post here. They have no sources, no breaking news, and are not a credible mainstream news source.

Hey, I'm just saying. I mean, either that, or just start posting everyone's blog on the front page of TBD. :(

Come on dad, you've done your part, your son is moving on, now please boot 365 to where it belongs.......the blog section.

:wallbash::thumbsup::D:devil:

Don't look at me -- I have nothing to do with that. (Obviously, or my stuff would be on there.) :D

You make a good point, though. When Scott's done with the redesign, should it have a place for the 'semi-pro' sites? For example, I wouldn't be opposed to putting up a link to the free stories on Tyler Dunne's Scout.com page, since I'm familiar with his (and staffer J.P Butler's) work in the OTH. But where's the cutoff point?

(Obviously, or my stuff would be on there.) :D

As well it should. I learn more from your stuff than I do from any other source.

So, how's that next article for the PFRA coming along? :thumbsup:

Can realfootball365 disappear from the front page of TBD where all of the real news outlets are? I have nothing against the site, but I mean, it's no more informative than someone writing a post here. They have no sources, no breaking news, and are not a credible mainstream news source.

Hey, I'm just saying. I mean, either that, or just start posting everyone's blog on the front page of TBD. :(

Come on dad, you've done your part, your son is moving on, now please boot 365 to where it belongs.......the blog section.

:wallbash::thumbsup::D:devil:

Fair point. However, if we took away the links to RF365, the articles posted that were not from bbills.com, the buffalo news or the rochester D&C would take a serious hit. I'd rather read something from 365 than from the niagra gazette, or other random small papers.

Fair point. However, if we took away the links to RF365, we would only get like one article a week posted that was not bbills.com, the buffalo news or the rochester D&C.

So, we'd rather have non-news articles posted just to beef up the numbers? Even if all we have are those three primary outlets, having them listed together on TBD keeps me from having to search three different websites for content. I couldn't care less about somebody's "blog" on the Bills, but if people are interested, why not have separate "news" and "blogs" listings on TBD?

So, we'd rather have non-news articles posted just to beef up the numbers? Even if all we have are those three primary outlets, having them listed together on TBD keeps me from having to search three different websites for content. I couldn't care less about somebody's "blog" on the Bills, but if people are interested, why not have separate "news" and "blogs" listings on TBD?

Maybe, but as I mentioned in my edit, I don't really have anything against RF365 articles. They may not have any breaking news, but they do provide some perspective, and I give them credit for consistently putting out articles about the bills, which no one but local places do. The same thing could be said about the sports xchange articles- the inside slant/strategy and personnel/notes and quotes. Those articles never break news, they just report on what has been going on with the bills.

Don't look at me -- I have nothing to do with that. (Obviously, or my stuff would be on there.) :D

You make a good point, though. When Scott's done with the redesign, should it have a place for the 'semi-pro' sites? For example, I wouldn't be opposed to putting up a link to the free stories on Tyler Dunne's Scout.com page, since I'm familiar with his (and staffer J.P Butler's) work in the OTH. But where's the cutoff point?

Lori,

I would much rather read your stuff, rather than be subjected to the nonsense on 365. And, if it's not already bad enough, the idiot who most likely will take over for Connor Byrne is a complete jackass. The Anthony dude.

The thing that really blows is that when you read a headline on that front page (which is TBD's strong suit, IMO) and you see something like......."Bills Should Look at DiGiorgio at FS".......it alarms or alerts you, until you realize it's written by 365. At that point, you don't even open the article. Now, this example was totally made up, but that's what kind of site 365 actually is.

Most of the posts on The Stadium Wall are more informative than anything 365 writes, and it's about to get worse if that goofball Anthony whatever his last name is takes over.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, take out the trash please. Or move it to an amatuerish page or something. Anything. Hell, I may even donate my two pre-season tickets to someone on TBD if 365 is taken off the front of the site. Just tired of going through rubbish.

Compensation: $10-$15 per column? JFC. That's what, two cents per word for a standard 750-word piece?

Wow. Them's slave wages. Fine if you want to treat it as an internship, but that's about it.

Hence the reason why you get people like Byrne to write for the blog. You get what you pay for.