Cedric Benson arrested again

How dare they pull over a black man... even if he was drunk? The damn cops are at fault for him driving drunk!.

/sarcasm off

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3430752

Let's not jump to conclusions now! He hasn't been convicted of anything yet.......innocent until proven guilty, oh wait a minute he's not Bill, screw em hang the bastard.

GO BILLS!

Second DUI in a month. First on a boat, now a car. Does anyone else see a trend here? Not only does he suck, but his a moron too. I smell a suspension, especially after Allen got dinged for his DUIs last year.

Jerry Angelo is gonna release him for sure. Geez, you'd think a guy who is making all that money as the fourth overall pick would be working his tail off to have a good season for once.

Still, we have our own RB problems to worry about...

. Geez, you'd think a guy who is making all that money as the fourth overall pick would be working his tail off to have a good season for once.

I think that's part of the problem...he's already earned the money, cause the lion's share of it was guaranteed. If he actually had to go out and earn it, that might be different...who knows. This guy is a disgrace. And wasn't he the one who was in tears when he was drafted??

I think that's part of the problem...he's already earned the money, cause the lion's share of it was guaranteed. If he actually had to go out and earn it, that might be different...who knows. This guy is a disgrace. And wasn't he the one who was in tears when he was drafted??

BINGO we have a winner!

What would lead you to call him a mean name such as that?

Surely he is being victimized once again, no? :lol:

Please consider this post an invitation for the bitter, moronic idiots that defended him in the thread about his last arrest to come out and get sanctimonious yet again. :lol:

Way to congratulate yourself, on what though I don't know.

A little simplistic, but typical. I see how cop logic goes...a 2nd arrest somehow absolves and justifies all dirty scumbag cops from a completely separate and prior incident. It's easier to just profile and lump it all together anyways. After all, recitivists are the only ones who would allege any wrongdoing by our heroes. Keep raising the bar for our boys though :thumbsup:

What would lead you to call him a mean name such as that?

Surely he is being victimized once again, no? :o

Please consider this post an invitation for the bitter, moronic idiots that defended him in the thread about his last arrest to come out and get sanctimonious yet again. :blink:

Where did I say he was being victimized? What I said was that the facts didn't add up, and that given APD's history, it was a possibility that the cops were in the wrong in that incident.

That being said, the facts STILL don't add up in that boating case, especially since there were two eyewitnesses who both claim the cops being abusive toward Ced. We still don't have a clue whether Cedric was guilty, innocent and abused by police, or if Ced was guilty of bwi and the cops were guilty of being overaggressive in their handling of the situation. Without a doubt, there is some part of that story that is still not on record.

Quite frankly, we don't know if he was or was not drunk in this case either. They didn't say anything about a BAC or him failing any other types of tests, so we'll have to wait and see about that one. From the sounds of the article, we may never know.

I won't hesitate to call him a moron though. You just got arrested for BWI (true or not), you don't freaking put yourself in a situation where you are driving after you've had some drinks with dinner and are flirting with being drunk. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Not to hijack this thread, but, in light of the sitution that Marshawn Lynch is in, I would much prefer our running back busted for a second BW/DWI, than the cheif suspect in a hit and run case. The DWI is stupid, but the hit and run, and the way it is being handled by Lynch, is gutless.

But yeah, Benson is a moron. A marginal NFL talent...gotta wonder where he will end up next season, after an inevitable suspension. Just heard the Bears GM say something to the effect of "Disappointment is a word we have heard far too often, when speaking of Cedric Benson."

Not to hijack this thread, but, in light of the sitution that Marshawn Lynch is in, I would much prefer our running back busted for a second BW/DWI, than the cheif suspect in a hit and run case. The DWI is stupid, but the hit and run, and the way it is being handled by Lynch, is gutless.

But yeah, Benson is a moron. A marginal NFL talent...gotta wonder where he will end up next season, after an inevitable suspension. Just heard the Bears GM say something to the effect of "Disappointment is a word we have heard far too often, when speaking of Cedric Benson."

That's where i disagree; i would rather have someone on their FIRST mistake.

That's where i disagree; i would rather have someone on their FIRST mistake.

Lynch made two (possibly three) mistakes. If he was, indeed, behind the wheel of that car (I realize this is not verified yet, but there seems to be witnesses ready to testify as such), he made the mistake of hitting that girl. His second mistake was in not stopping. His third, has been his silence, and unwillingness to come forward to police, and tell them what he knows. If he had simply hit the woman, stopped, rendered aid, this whole thing would look a lot better for him. If he wasn't driving, he knows who was. Was he afraid of getting a DWI if he stopped? Or, if he wasn't drunk, is he afraid of what trouble he might get in for hitting someone. Or, is he covering up for someone else? All of those possilbilities, IMO, make him look like a gutless coward. If he had simply stopped, and faced the consequences, I wouldn't have as many problems with this.

Benson was irresponsible in operating a vehicle while intoxicated, but he also didn't injur anybody. Not saying that is great either. Let's face it, neither of these guys has had sparkling clean record before these latest incidents.

Lynch made two (possibly three) mistakes.

They're all under the same mistake. A second mistake would Marshawn hitting somone, knowing he hit someone, and leaving the scene intentionally, of which BTW, none have been proven.