The Strangers

Saw this yesterday. Very well done, about as scary a movie I've seen in the theater in a long time. I highly recommend it to those who like suspense horror.

You see the same movie I did? Thought it sucked big time. Took forever to "get going", no plot, typical slasher/horror movie. Save your $ folks.

You see the same movie I did? Thought it sucked big time. Took forever to "get going", no plot, typical slasher/horror movie. Save your $ folks.

That's similar to how I feel about 99% of every "horror" flick I see. The only stuff I've seen recently that I thought was well done even a little was some of the Rob Zombie stuff. I feel like he's at least trying, whereas most of the rest of the crap they put out just relies on cheap thrills and things popping out at you. :blink:

That's similar to how I feel about 99% of every "horror" flick I see. The only stuff I've seen recently that I thought was well done even a little was some of the Rob Zombie stuff. I feel like he's at least trying, whereas most of the rest of the crap they put out just relies on cheap thrills and things popping out at you. :blink:

That's a perfect summary of The Strangers.

Saw this yesterday. Very well done, about as scary a movie I've seen in the theater in a long time. I highly recommend it to those who like suspense horror.

I want to see this movie. Glad to hear it's good. btw you may like "Funny Games" that came out earlier this year. Similar plot idea and very well acted. Underrated movie that got overlooked because it's not for all tastes. Very dark. No Hollywood ending.

That's a perfect summary of The Strangers.

Which is why I saw it. If you go to this movie expecting some great plot or some fast moving action horror flick then you weren't paying attention to the trailer. It's a methodical thriller. Nothing more. To expect more is like going to see "Naked Gun" and expecting any sort of story-line. You take movies for what there worth, You're not going to find "Psycho" here. There just movies.

I recently rented 30 days of night, and was pleasantly surprised but I agree where are the Halloweens of yesteryear.

I recently rented 30 days of night, and was pleasantly surprised but I agree where are the Halloweens of yesteryear.

True, I actually thought that was pretty entertaining. Still not a fan of Hartnett, but overall I enjoyed the film.