What's Wrong With This Picture?

ajzepp

Me personally, I'm not sure what I could've done for the guy, other than call the cops, try to see the car that hit him, and move to the street to make sure traffic doesn't hit him again. I guess I'm surprised nobody did that, but the cops got there in one minute, so I'm sure people were on cell phones immediately...

What else should've been done besides that? You always hear that you don't want to move people with potential head/neck/spine injuries...I guess I'm positive I would've gone into the street and at least checked his vitals...

Actually what I was referring to specifically was the fact that the beginning of the video had a car ad, lol. I think if I were the marketing director for Cadillac or whoever, I would have been pissed!

Me personally, I'm not sure what I could've done for the guy, other than call the cops, try to see the car that hit him, and move to the street to make sure traffic doesn't hit him again. I guess I'm surprised nobody did that, but the cops got there in one minute, so I'm sure people were on cell phones immediately...

What else should've been done besides that? You always hear that you don't want to move people with potential head/neck/spine injuries...I guess I'm positive I would've gone into the street and at least checked his vitals...

I agree 100 percent. Call the cops and make sure he doesnt get run over again by moving traffic around him. Other then that unless you are a doctor or paramedic there is little you can do. I know I would be worried about lawsuits, Hep C and other diseases.

No one helped him? WTF? Sometimes I am ashamed of my fellow human beings. Sickening!

It is pretty damn sick...watching people quickly remove themselves from the scene as if to portray the fact that they never saw what happened is sad and pathetic. :D

No one helped him? WTF? Sometimes I am ashamed of my fellow human beings. Sickening!

What would you have done, oh holy one?

The video (hidden in a 2 second blurb at the end) said that FOUR people called 911. The guy laid there for maybe 20 seconds until a cop showed up. What was someone supposed to do? Go and move him? The guy likely had neck/back injuries. Moving him, unless anyone there was a doctor (and by the looks of things, didn't seem like too many doctors live in that area) could have done more harm than good.

I am so sick of your holier-than-though posts condemning humanity (and Americans) and blowing smoke up your own ass.

"Throw the book at Lynch if it is true that was him driving. No amnesty because he happens to be a Bill. Hitting someone and driving away is disgraceful and immoral"

"while others want to eradicate polar bears and are anti recycling- some want to change the world for the better!"

"I concur. Man this country is in some serious trouble"

"Now Americans are instant gratification driven- instead of being pragmatic and being more utilitarian."

"People need to stop being so selfish, and we need to work together"

"Earth would be better off if man never existed"

"I hate the wasteful society we live in"

That's just within the first few pages of your posts. We get it. WE GET IT. You're the greatest person on earth. You ride a bike to work, you've traveled alot (by GOD we know... you travel!!!) and you hate the big bad terrible selfish Americans.

But for god sakes give it a break man!!

I would of ran to help, stopped traffic, called police, try and calm and comfort the victim, ask if there is a doctor around, get the plate number and vehicle description..... What would you of done? Whistle while you walked away?

I would of ran to help, stopped traffic, called police, try and calm and comfort the victim, ask if there is a doctor around, get the plate number and vehicle description..... What would you of done? Whistle while you walked away?

I would have done like 4 others did -- Called 911. No, I wouldn't have "helped" him. I am not a doctor. I do not know how much harm I would have done to him by "holding his hand", or how much danger I'd get in by getting near his blood.

But I know. Americans are disgraceful, and if everyone rode a bicycle, this never would have happened anyway.

Calm and comfort the unconscious victim? :thumbsup:

Doing anything other than calling police and stopping traffic in that situation does more harm than good, unless you're an EMT. The people standing around look like idiots, but they're doing EXACTLY what they should be doing in that situation.

I agree 100 percent. Call the cops and make sure he doesnt get run over again by moving traffic around him. Other then that unless you are a doctor or paramedic there is little you can do. I know I would be worried about lawsuits, Hep C and other diseases.

I believe that all states, or at least the majority, have good Samaritan laws that protect people in these situations.

Exactly, I think a lot of people are misinterpreting your "calm and comfort the victim" comment. I believe you mean that you go in and direct traffic or get someone else to direct traffic while you kneel next to the guy and tell him help is on the way and keep him talking until the ambulance arrives. It's what I'd have done too.

This is what could happen if everyone rode a bike.

:thumbsup: Is everybody riding a bike in that picture moron?

What bothers me is that it takes so long for someone to walk into the street. It also bothers me that two cars hit him and then immediately turn down the next street to get away. I hope they find the F-ers and yes I think Marshawn should be punished too.

Calm and comfort the unconscious victim? :thumbsup:

Doing anything other than calling police and stopping traffic in that situation does more harm than good, unless you're an EMT. The people standing around look like idiots, but they're doing EXACTLY what they should be doing in that situation.

I guess you have super powers that enable you to tell from a great distance how somebody is. :lol:

You know, I'd stop and do whatever I could. Cover him up, if conscious, get him talking and whatnot to avoid shock. Make sure everyone stayed in the other lane. I stopped last year to help a kid out that wrecked his motorcycle, only to find out that he'd cut himself nearly clear in half on a guard rail. I'd stop in the same situation again today.

No question in my book. Someone needs help, you help them. It's not surprising, unfortunately.

In reality, he didn't lay there for that long. If was bleeding like crazy, I'm sure witnesses had probably gone into shock, too. When you see this stuff, if you're not trained or used to it, it freaks you the hell out.

Still, odd that no one was up by his side.

You know, I'd stop and do whatever I could. Cover him up, if conscious, get him talking and whatnot to avoid shock. Make sure everyone stayed in the other lane. I stopped last year to help a kid out that wrecked his motorcycle, only to find out that he'd cut himself nearly clear in half on a guard rail. I'd stop in the same situation again today.

No question in my book. Someone needs help, you help them. It's not surprising, unfortunately.

In reality, he didn't lay there for that long. If was bleeding like crazy, I'm sure witnesses had probably gone into shock, too. When you see this stuff, if you're not trained or used to it, it freaks you the hell out.

Still, odd that no one was up by his side.

It's not odd at all. That area is one of the worst in the country. People in that area are constantly trying to kill each other. The fact that they didn't try to help someone that was dying is not surprising.

That aside, I will reiterate what was said already in this thread. The fact that people are so god damn sue happy, if you go up and try to help, and touch him, and he later dies, I wouldn't be shocked if his family tried to sue YOU for being part of his death. But I still have a tough time with the fact that they said NO ONE HELPED and yet FOUR PEOPLE called 911. FOUR people, in the 15 seconds from hit to cop car getting there (at which point I'm sure the 911 calls stopped).

That, and thanks, but I'm not touching anyone's blood.

Connecticut is the country's richest state per capita. This area is one of the few that evens out the bell curve a little.

It's not odd at all. That area is one of the worst in the country. People in that area are constantly trying to kill each other. The fact that they didn't try to help someone that was dying is not surprising.

That aside, I will reiterate what was said already in this thread. The fact that people are so god damn sue happy, if you go up and try to help, and touch him, and he later dies, I wouldn't be shocked if his family tried to sue YOU for being part of his death. But I still have a tough time with the fact that they said NO ONE HELPED and yet FOUR PEOPLE called 911. FOUR people, in the 15 seconds from hit to cop car getting there (at which point I'm sure the 911 calls stopped).

Connecticut is the country's richest state per capita. This area is one of the few that evens out the bell curve a little.

The lawsuit thing crossed my mind when I stopped last year at that motorcycle wreck. I didn't let it bother me too much in that I know that I'm not capable of CPR or pinching off a vein or anything. I wouldn't have tried to play E.R. doctor on some dude in the bushes. I'm capable of doing exactly what the 911 operator tells me to. In that specific case, there wasn't anything that *could* be done. I would have done whatever they asked as long as it didn't jeopardize my own health and safety.

I do remember from that situation, though, that the first thing the 911 operator asked me was whether or not he was alive. Breathing? Conscious? Bleeding? In most cases, these aren't questions that can be answered with a 30 foot buffer between the caller and the victim.

I honestly wonder if this is the norm, we just happened to get a visual this time. People probably don't stop in general, for fear of both lawsuits and what they might find.

Wow 15 seconds? I think you should review that tape again. As for the rest or your rant I can't comment because if you think that was 15 seconds I'm not sure what you were watching.