Tiger Woods is a "wuss", and a "meathead"

Buftex

Say what you want about the "Quiet please," not ranking tennis players among the world's elite athletes is asenine. Those dudes are incredibly strong, fast, agile, and have serious endurance. They are the definition of athletic.

I wasn't talking about tennis players in the athletic sense.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Golfers are definitely suspect...It's hard to call it a sport when I usually have 8 or 9 beers every time I play. There is an athletic component to the golf swing, but once you graduate to a certain level, everything about the game comes down to putting. That, my friends, requires no athleticism.

That said, Tiger Woods would beat the shiit out of Thomas Vanek, no doubt in my mind.

Say what you want about the "Quiet please," not ranking tennis players among the world's elite athletes is asenine. Those dudes are incredibly strong, fast, agile, and have serious endurance. They are the definition of athletic.

Golf is a target game. It is as much a sport as Darts, Snooker, Skeet, Horseshoes, Bowling, and Atari's Duck Hunt.

Come on, dude, now you're just being argumentative for the hell of it. You're not going to change my mind, and I'm not going to change yours. Civility can still exist, right?

What exactly was uncivil? Me calling your opinion of the "mental" aspect of golf a "load of crap"?

What exactly was uncivil? Me calling your opinion of the "mental" aspect of golf a "load of crap"?

Sure, that's part of it. Look, I've gotten myself into pissing contests with enough folks on this board that I don't need one more. I think your opinion on this topic is a "load of crap," but instead of coming right out and saying so I tried to do it in a friendlier way. That's all.

So I guess you're not interested in seeing how Tony Romo, Matt Lauer, Justin Timberlake, and a Golf Digest contest winner will do playing Torrey Pines under US Open conditions the week before the Open?

Despite the fact that all four players have single-digit handicaps, there's not a pro out there who thinks any of them will break 100.

So I guess you're not interested in seeing how Tony Romo, Matt Lauer, Justin Timberlake, and a Golf Digest contest winner will do playing Torrey Pines under US Open conditions the week before the Open?

Despite the fact that all four players have single-digit handicaps, there's not a pro out there who thinks any of them will break 100.

Is this being televised? I think they're playing today...I assumed Golf Channel, but I didn't see it in the guide...

Sure, that's part of it. Look, I've gotten myself into pissing contests with enough folks on this board that I don't need one more. I think your opinion on this topic is a "load of crap," but instead of coming right out and saying so I tried to do it in a friendlier way. That's all.

Tomato, toe-mah-to. The next time I get pissed over someone not agreeing with me on a message board will be a first.

Wait, I'm supposed to be interested in how a QB, some talking head with bad lettuce, and a quasi-gay lounge singer are going to do at a game I think sucks?

They'll likely look a lot better than Clyde Drexler and the other 2 assclowns on "Pros versus Joes" looked trying to shoot 5 pucks into an empty net with no time limit. I'm sure it's out there on youtube.

You let me know when I can watch one of those "athletes" you call golfers performs in an actual sport, so I can be really impressed with Craig Stadler doing something besides stuffing his gullet and walking around trying not to hit the ball into 5 inches of grass and pretending that's "rough".

"I don't think anybody really watches hockey any more. (Laughter.)"

The Pittsburgh Penguins' triple-overtime win over the Detroit Red Wings on Monday earned a 3.8 national rating (about 4.2 million households) and a 7 share on NBC.

While the NHL's cheering these numbers, Woods has a point when you compare hockey viewership to other sports.

Still, I always get a kick out of how Buffalo often has as many people watching non-Sabres games on Versus as the actual TV markets of the teams playing.

Golfers are definitely suspect...It's hard to call it a sport when I usually have 8 or 9 beers every time I play. There is an athletic component to the golf swing, but once you graduate to a certain level, everything about the game comes down to putting. That, my friends, requires no athleticism.

That said, Tiger Woods would beat the shiit out of Thomas Vanek, no doubt in my mind.

Dude, you're not playing golf, you're drinkin'. You're just doing it in a golf cart

Dude, you're not playing golf, you're drinkin'. You're just doing it in a golf cart

That's true. I can get behind any event that involves the outdoors, gambling, and drinking. The fact that you get to tool around in a motorized cart is just gravy.

Shot a 41-40 for an 81 yesterday and probably had 12 beers (we had about a 45 minute rain delay just sitting under a shelter.) The drinking didn't hurt me at all as I parred the last four holes coming in...

Tomato, toe-mah-to. The next time I get pissed over someone not agreeing with me on a message board will be a first.

Oh, I don't think you're pissed (I would hope not) -- you're just a "last word" kind of guy.

Wait, I'm supposed to be interested in how a QB, some talking head with bad lettuce, and a quasi-gay lounge singer are going to do at a game I think sucks?

They'll likely look a lot better than Clyde Drexler and the other 2 assclowns on "Pros versus Joes" looked trying to shoot 5 pucks into an empty net with no time limit. I'm sure it's out there on youtube.

It was a rhetorical question. Of course you don't care.

You let me know when I can watch one of those "athletes" you call golfers performs in an actual sport, so I can be really impressed with Craig Stadler doing something besides stuffing his gullet and walking around trying not to hit the ball into 5 inches of grass and pretending that's "rough".

Didn't I say earlier it would be foolish to compare the athleticism of an average pro golfer to a hockey player? Who exactly are you arguing with? You don't like or respect golf as a sport -- I get it.

I was a hockey player and I have played my share of golf...I have no issues with either (but I am a much bigger fan of hockey) but in some way, aren't we just giving Tiger too much attention on a stupid thing and in some way, he wins?

I was a hockey player and I have played my share of golf...I have no issues with either (but I am a much bigger fan of hockey) but in some way, aren't we just giving Tiger too much attention on a stupid thing and in some way, he wins?

I think it is time that Tiger is exposed for his anti-Canadian bigotry.

He might get a pass from Crayonz, but not from us.

"I don't think anybody really watches hockey any more. (Laughter.)"

The Pittsburgh Penguins' triple-overtime win over the Detroit Red Wings on Monday earned a 3.8 national rating (about 4.2 million households) and a 7 share on NBC.

While the NHL's cheering these numbers, Woods has a point when you compare hockey viewership to other sports.

Still, I always get a kick out of how Buffalo often has as many people watching non-Sabres games on Versus as the actual TV markets of the teams playing.

Last week the Pistons were playing an elimination game in the playoffs, the same night as the Red Wings were playing. According to something I heard on the radio, the Red Wings game drew in 3 times as many viewers as the Pistons game did, in the Detroit viewing area. Hockey may not be popular everywhere, but the cities that love it, really love it! Or, they just really hate the NBA! :thumbsup:

I lost respect for pro golfers when that whole issue with the handicapped guy in the cart came about. So many of them whined about how it was so unfair that this guy would be riding around in a cart while the rest of them had to walk. At first I could sort of see their point, but when they started getting ridiculous about how demanding it is to walk the course, and how golfers are athletes and all that, I started signing off on it. I'm in the worst shape of my life right now, but I guarantee you I could go out there and walk 18 holes today in the Atlanta heat just fine. (Just like I could get behind the wheel of a car and make all sorts of left turns for three hours on a NASCAR track...but that's another issue.)

If your "sport" is so great that you're afraid of someone else having such a huge advantage because they don't have to WALK, then it's not much of a sport at all.

That's true. I can get behind any event that involves the outdoors, gambling, and drinking. The fact that you get to tool around in a motorized cart is just gravy.

Shot a 41-40 for an 81 yesterday and probably had 12 beers (we had about a 45 minute rain delay just sitting under a shelter.) The drinking didn't hurt me at all as I parred the last four holes coming in...

Wait a second, I drink while playing softball. Thats still a sport...

I lost respect for pro golfers when that whole issue with the handicapped guy in the cart came about. <snip>

Pro golfers made themselves look like asses during the Casey Martin "saga." It wasn't a proud moment for the sport. Regardless of how they felt, the smart thing to do was to shut up and let the PGA execs (or the court) make the decision.

There's no question many -- perhaps the majority -- of pro golfers are elitist, stuck-up pricks. I'm not a fan of pro golfers, with a few exceptions. I'm a fan of golf.

Pro golfers made themselves look like asses during the Casey Martin "saga." It wasn't a proud moment for the sport. Regardless of how they felt, the smart thing to do was to shut up and let the PGA execs (or the court) make the decision.

There's no question many -- perhaps the majority -- of pro golfers are elitist, stuck-up pricks. I'm not a fan of pro golfers, with a few exceptions. I'm a fan of golf.

In that sense, i agree with ya. I love playing the game, I just think that that these guys are full of themselves...and when they start entertaining the notion that they are "athletes", I laugh. I used to walk 18 holes with my GRANDMOTHER when I was growing up. She was diabetic and had bad knees. So when they all started whining about the Casey Martin guy, I was embarrassed for them.