Tiger Woods is a "wuss", and a "meathead"

Buftex

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy shaves with Roger Federer and some soccer guy.

I don't expect a guy that shaves his face smiling at Roger Federer to like hockey.

You get a pass this time Woods.

But only because I'm not sure what drug cartel that soccer guy plays for.

You know, I thought about saying something but to me golf will always be the game of guys who think they're at a disadvantage because they have to walk 4 miles in 6 hours and some dude with a rotten leg wanted to ride in a cart.

I'd like to see Ovechkin crosscheck Tiger in the neck with a 5-iron. It'd be worth the 2 minutes.

At least there's some common ground for the soccer fans and the hockey fans...we can all agree that golfers are pussies.

You know, I thought about saying something but to me golf will always be the game of guys who think they're at a disadvantage because they have to walk 4 miles in 6 hours and some dude with a rotten leg wanted to ride in a cart.

I'd like to see Ovechkin crosscheck Tiger in the neck with a 5-iron. It'd be worth the 2 minutes.

I hear what you're saying, man, and I'd NEVER compare your average professional golfer to a hockey player from an athletic standpoint...BUT...Tiger is the wrong guy to pick on. The dude works out probably as hard as any professional athlete, and practices his profession like nobody else.

If I met Tiger I'd kid him about not appreciating hockey as well, but I think the guy could hold his own, physically, against just about anybody.

People enjoy hating on someone when he's the best, but years and years from now we'll all be able to say we saw the greatest golfer that ever lived during his prime. Add to that the fact he's apparently a really good, stand-up guy. It's a rare combination.

If you don't appreciate the skill and, yes, athleticism, required to play golf at its highest level, that's your prerogative. I simply disagree.

By the way, kickball blows. :thumbsup:

I hear what you're saying, man, and I'd NEVER compare your average professional golfer to a hockey player from an athletic standpoint...BUT...Tiger is the wrong guy to pick on. The dude works out probably as hard as any professional athlete, and practices his profession like nobody else.

If I met Tiger I'd kid him about not appreciating hockey as well, but I think the guy could hold his own, physically, against just about anybody.

People enjoy hating on someone when he's the best, but years and years from now we'll all be able to say we saw the greatest golfer that ever lived during his prime. Add to that the fact he's apparently a really good, stand-up guy. It's a rare combination.

If you don't appreciate the skill and, yes, athleticism, required to play golf at its highest level, that's your prerogative. I simply disagree.

By the way, kickball blows. :thumbsup:

Tiger is a good athlete and he has a nice workout regimen. That doesn't mean he could hold his own "physically" against "just about anybody". He dominates golf because he's pretty much the only guy in any kind of shape that isn't "round".

And I'm sure it takes skill and a decent amount of athleticism to "play" golf. That doesn't mean it doesn't suck or that it's a sport. Nor does the fact that ESPN has basically told the world to watch it because now a person of color dominates it. Golf sucked before, it sucks now, and it'll suck forever. I'm amazed ANYONE would sit down and watch rich guys literally walk around for 6 hours.

I'm pretty sure I've seen footage of Eldrick losing his mind because someone clicked a photo while he was lining up a shot. I bet Ryan Malone wishes the sound of a shutter opening and closing was the toughest thing he had to deal with while competing in his "game", instead of fighting for position against a pair of 200+ pound men with sticks and a puck launched at his face at over 90MPH.

And I'm glad ESPN published the article they did. Fugger won't say anything about anything but when he finally does open his yap it's about hockey? I'd love to see how athletic he is while George Laraque is bearing down on him in a corner. I'd care about that.

Tiger should use a little lesson in golf manners. "Quiet please".

My brother-in-law has a second home in Isleworth and I've passed Tiger a couple of times on the grounds and believe me I wouldn't call him a wuss or a puss. He could hold his own.

:thumbsup: Maybe anybody who isn't a professional athlete .

My brother-in-law has a second home in Isleworth and I've passed Tiger a couple of times on the grounds and believe me I wouldn't call him a wuss or a puss. He could hold his own.

How abot a pusscatore? Agree though...I got to sit front row at a tee box in Augusta a couple years ago. People don't realize how jacked he is.

I'm trying to think of less than representative athletes.

In a fitness competition I would take Brian Moorman, Julio Lugo, Rory Fitzpatrick, and James Blake over Tiger Woods. Woods is in exceptional shape for a golfer.

edit: I meant james blake tennis player, not Rob Blake hockey player. We want to keep this fair.

Tiger is a good athlete and he has a nice workout regimen. That doesn't mean he could hold his own "physically" against "just about anybody". He dominates golf because he's pretty much the only guy in any kind of shape that isn't "round".

And I'm sure it takes skill and a decent amount of athleticism to "play" golf. That doesn't mean it doesn't suck or that it's a sport. Nor does the fact that ESPN has basically told the world to watch it because now a person of color dominates it. Golf sucked before, it sucks now, and it'll suck forever. I'm amazed ANYONE would sit down and watch rich guys literally walk around for 6 hours.

I'm pretty sure I've seen footage of Eldrick losing his mind because someone clicked a photo while he was lining up a shot. I bet Ryan Malone wishes the sound of a shutter opening and closing was the toughest thing he had to deal with while competing in his "game", instead of fighting for position against a pair of 200+ pound men with sticks and a puck launched at his face at over 90MPH.

And I'm glad ESPN published the article they did. Fugger won't say anything about anything but when he finally does open his yap it's about hockey? I'd love to see how athletic he is while George Laraque is bearing down on him in a corner. I'd care about that.

Tiger should use a little lesson in golf manners. "Quiet please".

It's a different game, man. Golf is all about concentration. It's as mental as it is physical. There's no reason to bash the sport simply because it doesn't involve jacked-up brutes trying to kill each other.

As for Tiger's "nice" workout regimen -- have you ever seen the guy in person?

Anyway, I'll agree to disagree with you on this one. I'm a huge fan of hockey and all of its' attributes, and the same goes for golf.

It's a different game, man. Golf is all about concentration. It's as mental as it is physical. There's no reason to bash the sport simply because it doesn't involve jacked-up brutes trying to kill each other.

That's a load of crap. Every sport is as much mental as physical. The difference is golf and tennis have always been the games of the social elite and that's why those tubesteaks can't handle the least bit of outside stimuli while they're "performing".

As for Tiger's "nice" workout regimen -- have you ever seen the guy in person?

I wouldn't watch Eldrick swing a golf club if he was in my backyard. I don't have to see the guy in person to know he's not in the same league as professional hockey players. Are you fuggin' kidding me?

That's a load of crap. Every sport is as much mental as physical. The difference is golf and tennis have always been the games of the social elite and that's why those tubesteaks can't handle the least bit of outside stimuli while they're "performing".

I wouldn't watch Eldrick swing a golf club if he was in my backyard. I don't have to see the guy in person to know he's not in the same league as professional hockey players. Are you fuggin' kidding me?

Come on, dude, now you're just being argumentative for the hell of it. You're not going to change my mind, and I'm not going to change yours. Civility can still exist, right?

I find it ironic that Woods would trash, what many consider a "fringe" sport in hockey (in terms of popularity), while he has made millions off a game that has to fight to be considered a sport, and its' participants to be called athletes. I have always been impartial to Woods, because I could give a crap about golf. The deification of Tiger Woods, based on his ability to play this game, possibly, better than anyone before, is kind of sickening to me. I mean, in the late 1970's and early 1980's, my brother was one hell of a dart player...nobody called him an athlete. But I bet he could have kicked Tiger Woods ass. :thumbsup:

Golfers are definitely suspect...It's hard to call it a sport when I usually have 8 or 9 beers every time I play. There is an athletic component to the golf swing, but once you graduate to a certain level, everything about the game comes down to putting. That, my friends, requires no athleticism.

That said, Tiger Woods would beat the shiit out of Thomas Vanek, no doubt in my mind.

Say what you want about the "Quiet please," not ranking tennis players among the world's elite athletes is asenine. Those dudes are incredibly strong, fast, agile, and have serious endurance. They are the definition of athletic.