DC to seal off neighborhoods

Chilly

Don't worry the cops are just here for your safety. Quietly ignore the stomping on of freedom, and quietly move along, to the next checkpoint. As far as other cities where this is done. It probably happens, but not talked about. I have a feeling it'll be largely ignored and chalked up as acceptable, cause they're keeping others "safe". :rolleyes:

I cannot possibly see this passing the Supreme Court, even with the Bush appointees. :rolleyes:

Initiatives such as the Neighborhood Safety Zones have been accepted by federal courts as a legitimate law enforcement practice in keeping with the Constitution’s Fourth Amendment The constitutionality of the NSZ initiative has been reviewed by the D.C. Office of the Attorney General.

The NSZ will be launched next week in the Trinidad area :wallbash:

Initiatives such as the Neighborhood Safety Zones have been accepted by federal courts as a legitimate law enforcement practice in keeping with the Constitution’s Fourth Amendment The constitutionality of the NSZ initiative has been reviewed by the D.C. Office of the Attorney General.

The NSZ will be launched next week in the Trinidad area :rolleyes:

It sounds like it hasn't gone to the Supreme Court yet. Did they refuse to hear it or did they just not get it yet?

Well, they could just stop suspicious-looking people...but that would be profiling. So, much like strip-searching 80-year old women for box cutters at airports, they have to check everybody.

I don't know what's funnier, the idea that this plan has a snowball's chance in hell of being even remotely effective, or that paper's hysterical coverage of it.

They must be taking a cue from Iraq where the ethnic neighborhoods have been divided with large barriers. Instead of spreading democracy to Iraq, we're importing segregation from Iraq.

What, you don't like big government solutions to problems?

I could understand if Alaska had seal neighborhoods, but DC?

Yeah, all kinds of crazy stuff goes on in D.C. Stuff they don't want you to know about. That's why they don't want us to go there. Next they're gonna move it to a secret location in 4-dimensional space/time so even Charles Whidmore can't find it.