Inside the NFL

Per ProFootballTalk.com, Inside The NFL will be on Showtime this season on Wednesday nights. Looks like Jim Nantz instead of Bob Costas.

Having Nantz on showtime is odd, I thought that NBC was their sister network. Nantz is a CBS announcer

Per ProFootballTalk.com, Inside The NFL will be on Showtime this season on Wednesday nights. Looks like Jim Nantz instead of Bob Costas.

IMO, the drop off in talent between Nantz and Costas is huge. Damn, just cancelled Showtime. I guess with Dexter, Weeds and Californication all coming back, I may have to add it again...

I really like INSIDE THE NFL. I wonder if Marino, Collinsworth and Carter will return. I used to love the show for the highlights, but, like all other highlight shows these days, they don't even show highlights from every game any more. I just like the fact that they approach the NFL in a more mature and subtle way.

IMO, the drop off in talent between Nantz and Costas is huge. Damn, just cancelled Showtime. I guess with Dexter, Weeds and Californication all coming back, I may have to add it again...

I really like INSIDE THE NFL. I wonder if Marino, Collinsworth and Carter will return. I used to love the show for the highlights, but, like all other highlight shows these days, they don't even show highlights from every game any more. I just like the fact that they approach the NFL in a more mature and subtle way.

Personally, I like Nantz MUCH MORE than Costas. Marino is a CBS employee and should be back. Collinsworth won't be, not sure about Carter. I would love to see Warren Sapp take Carters place. He had a radio show in Tampa while playing for the Bucs. He is articulate, funny as hell, not afraid to speak his mind, & would bring a defensive flavor to the show. Showtime has really taken HBO's place as the premier pay network in my opinion. They have much more compelling original programming than HBO now, better movies, & include the Movie Channel in their package.

I used to love the show for the highlights, but, like all other highlight shows these days, they don't even show highlights from every game any more.

I miss the George Michael Sports Machine for that same reason.

I miss the George Michael Sports Machine for that same reason.

From 1991 to 1993, I videotaped every episode of ESPN's "Prime Time", so I could remeber every nuance of every teams season, the year the Bills finally won the Super Bowl...you could never get the whole picture any more, from any of these highlight shows. It seems, the more of them there are, the less you actually see. At least, with Inside the NFL, you know you are not going to see the same 20-30 second highlight package that everyone shows on Sunday and Monday.

• 1 month later...

PFT says Marino is out officially. Of all those shows the only one I like is Dexter. Watching it on CBS is just sad though, feels like buying an edited rap album at Walmart. If you ARE listing all the series though, isn't the Tudors due one more season?