Whitner up on Sirius w Ryan and Kirwin...

Heitz

- Wellness weekend in Cleveland this weekend

- Talked about his want and need to give back to the community

- Asked if he's a Pro-Bowl guy (Schein thinks he's ready to make it this year); says he can play multiple positions; will play more FS this year

- About the rookies: Leodis has a spring in his step, has reaction, jumping routes, willing to learn. Hardy is gong to be a big time receiver in this league; looks like he's been in the league for years, works hard, catches with his hands, uses his body to shield the ball

- Derek Fine; similar to Cooley in stature, can be the guy to go over the middle

- On Trent: looking very comfortable, talking in locker room on the field, lining guys up in the right spots, developed into a big-time leader

- Believes we will make a big splash, we played hard last year, now we have some more vets and we're going to make a splash

- On Toronto: it's going to be exciting, fun, guys go to Toronto during the season so they know the city

- On McCargo: Donte has told him he needs to be a force, thinks if our front four can get a push we'll be really good

- On looking out for rookies: Talks to Hardy and Mckelvin every day

- On Lynch: Has talked to him, the organization and players are behind him, doesn't know much about the situation, we love him if he's innocent or guilty

- Rest of the summer: shooting a commercial for United Way with Leodis at the Bills facility, will be working out, watching the league, Bahamas before camp

- On Corner: He is a *player*, jumps in front of a lot of balls not catching them yet, he's fast and quick, he'll jump in front and tip it for other players to pick the ball (lots of laughs).

Sorry the interview was with Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwin. Good stuff though!!

- On Corner: He is a *player*, jumps in front of a lot of balls not catching them yet, he's fast and quick, he'll jump in front and tip it for other players to pick the ball (lots of laughs)

Thanks for the recap. And I thought McKelvin was the one with stone hands and Corner was a ballhawk!

Thanks for the recap. And I thought McKelvin was the one with stone hands and Corner was a ballhawk!

Yeah, it was an interesting part of the interview. It was almost over, the guys asked Donte to put McKelvin on (he was downstairs playing video games) then Whitner brought up Corner and he really did stress the word player. He said a couple different ways that he's quick, and gets in front of the ball - but can't catch it. They joked his name isn't Reggie Receiver, said he's getting everyone ready for the tip drill.

Still, nice to hear the guys are out there making some hard effort.

A couple other thoughts that caught my ear:

Whitner was talking about how hard the entire team played last year (hear that Jauron haters) and said he heard they would play for free. And he said it really felt that way and that they're back working hard this year.

When talking about Hardy he praised his work ethic, said he's like a vet out there, is one of the first in and the last out, studies hard and wants to learn.

I really, really can't wait for this season to start. Don't get me wrong it's a big summer and is going to be a fun one, but MAN am I excited to see this *team* play together...

When talking about Hardy he praised his work ethic, said he's like a vet out there, is one of the first in and the last out, studies hard and wants to learn.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this kid has a HUGE chip on his shoulder and he wants to be a star in this league. That being said, with his potential and that chip working hand and hand we could have a star. Let's just hope and pray for the kid that he don't get caught up in his own past and that he gives his kid as well as other kids someone to look up too.

- Wellness weekend in Cleveland this weekend

- Talked about his want and need to give back to the community

- Asked if he's a Pro-Bowl guy (Schein thinks he's ready to make it this year); says he can play multiple positions; will play more FS this year

- About the rookies: Leodis has a spring in his step, has reaction, jumping routes, willing to learn. Hardy is gong to be a big time receiver in this league; looks like he's been in the league for years, works hard, catches with his hands, uses his body to shield the ball

- Derek Fine; similar to Cooley in stature, can be the guy to go over the middle

- On Trent: looking very comfortable, talking in locker room on the field, lining guys up in the right spots, developed into a big-time leader

- Believes we will make a big splash, we played hard last year, now we have some more vets and we're going to make a splash

- On Toronto: it's going to be exciting, fun, guys go to Toronto during the season so they know the city

- On McCargo: Donte has told him he needs to be a force, thinks if our front four can get a push we'll be really good

- On looking out for rookies: Talks to Hardy and Mckelvin every day

- On Lynch: Has talked to him, the organization and players are behind him, doesn't know much about the situation, we love him if he's innocent or guilty

- Rest of the summer: shooting a commercial for United Way with Leodis at the Bills facility, will be working out, watching the league, Bahamas before camp

- On Corner: He is a *player*, jumps in front of a lot of balls not catching them yet, he's fast and quick, he'll jump in front and tip it for other players to pick the ball (lots of laughs).

Sorry the interview was with Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwin. Good stuff though!!

:rolleyes: Thanks for the recap. The more I hear about Whitner the more I like this kid. He is a leader!