Underrated Drama, Action, etc.

KD in CA

Butterfly Effect

I thought I was the only person that enjoyed this movie!

The only movie that readily comes to mind is "The Ninth Gate," one of my favorite movies. I've seen it many, many times and it never gets old.

I thought I was the only person that enjoyed this movie!

The only movie that readily comes to mind is "The Ninth Gate," one of my favorite movies. I've seen it may, many times and it never gets old.

Butterfly is a great film which is very well done and definitely very dark. I don't understand why more people did not like it, or how it was panned by critics. Was it backlash against Kutcher? It is a haunting film that effects you, and it really makes you think. Check out Run Lola Run if you liked Butterfly effect- there is a similar theme.

This reminds me of another great film-

Being John Malkovich

I loved this film! Lots of great symbolism and metaphors throughout the film. And the end scene with the son leering at the mother is one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen. I still get creeped out thinking about it

Butterfly is a great film which is very well done and definitely very dark. I don't understand why more people did not like it, or how it was panned by critics. Was it backlash against Kutcher? It is a haunting film that effects you, and it really makes you think. Check out Run Lola Run if you liked Butterfly effect- there is a similar theme.

This reminds me of another great film-

Being John Malkovich

I loved this film! Lots of great symbolism and metaphors throughout the film. And the end scene with the son leering at the mother is one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen. I still get creeped out thinking about it

Speaking of Being John Malkovich.

Spike Jonze is slated to do the film adaptation of Where the Wild Things are. I'm looking forward to that.

For action movies, I have to go with "Tremors". I mentioned that here once before. That was a movie that I rented almost as an afterthought (it was after a friend's wedding, out of town) and it turned out to be terrific. :rolleyes:

For drama, I'll nominate "The Apostle". Robert Duvall wrote, directed, and starred in it, mortgaging his farm in Virginia to get it made. A story of a wayward minister who commits a crime of passion and finds redemption. I literally cried at the end of it. Duvall was nominated for an Oscar for his role.

Of course, I'll watch Robert Duvall read the phone book, but it's still an excellent film.

Action, Young Guns 1 and 2 (suprised they havent come out with newer one).

Drama, Raging Bull and Traffic great films.

We're really going to have to clean up our definition of "underrated" considering the fact that the highly regarded AFI, The American Film Institute, rated Raging Bull as the fourth greatest film of all-time in 2007.

We're really going to have to clean up our definition of "underrated" considering the fact that the highly regarded AFI, The American Film Institute, rated Raging Bull as the fourth greatest film of all-time in 2007.

ok sorry didnt know that then i will throw in Heat, pacino and deniro at there best.

Here is an underrated film - it received mixed reviews but I consider it one of the best movies I ever saw. I am a huge Sam Mendes fan:

ROAD TO PERDITION

Movie Trailer

rain scene

Great quote by Paul Newman's character: "Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers. "

I LOVE THIS !@#$ING MOVIE!!!! It is the definition of underrated.

Here is an underrated film - it received mixed reviews but I consider it one of the best movies I ever saw. I am a huge Sam Mendes fan:

ROAD TO PERDITION

Movie Trailer

rain scene

Great quote by Paul Newman's character: "Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers. "

I LOVE THIS !@#$ING MOVIE!!!! It is the definition of underrated.

Agreed im going to throw History of Violence into the mix.

Of course, I'll watch Robert Duvall read the phone book, but it's still an excellent film.

That reminds me: The Great Santini was another good Duvall performance. So was A Civil Action.