Question for NYC folks

Any quick recommendations for the closest/best train station to Yankee stadium? Going to see my first and last game there tonight and figured I would take the train up from DE instead of dealing with what I've heard has become a shtshow of a parking situation. Any help would be GREAT!

Thanks!

The 4 is an express train and stops right at 161st street. You can pick it up at Grand Central or in several other spots on the East Side.

If you are coming into Penn Station, the best way is to take the A or C train uptown one stop to Times Square and the S (Times Sq. Shuttle) one stop to GCT. Or a cab if not rush hour.

Thanks, Kev! Though, I didn't realize Amtrak cutoff runs from Penn at 10pm. Damn...might be driving...

Yeah, you'd need at least 30-40 minutes from the Stadium to Penn Station after a game, so unless Bert Blyleven is pitching....

On the other hand, bars are open till 4 and the first train out of Penn is prolly not much after that. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Kev! Though, I didn't realize Amtrak cutoff runs from Penn at 10pm. Damn...might be driving...

You may look into the last NJ Transit train to Trenton - and wind your way to DE via SEPTA.

And yes, it is odd that the last AMTRAK is 10PM. You may split the difference and drive to Trenton.