WHY don't these agents earn their money

to let a memebr of their family, possee buddy or whatever drive their friggin cars!

Really.

Were I a player making bucketfuls of coin, and inclined to visit the clubs, I'd visit the big bosses of the local cab companies. Give'em a grand, and a bunch of tickets. Then give the dispatchers five C-notes each. And tell them that when I call, I expect a cab to show up in 15 minutes, and that the cabbie will get a fifty buck tip.

If I'm satisfied - same deal next year.

Really.

Were I a player making bucketfuls of coin, and inclined to visit the clubs, I'd visit the big bosses of the local cab companies. Give'em a grand, and a bunch of tickets. Then give the dispatchers five C-notes each. And tell them that when I call, I expect a cab to show up in 15 minutes, and that the cabbie will get a fifty buck tip.

I always wonder why these guys do not do that. I would get a cab company, shoot the company like you said 1-2 grand for the year & expect them to pick me up wherever Im at within the hour. Shoot the cabbie $50 tip like you said. These guys have too much to lose.

I always wonder why these guys do not do that. I would get a cab company, shoot the company like you said 1-2 grand for the year & expect them to pick me up wherever Im at within the hour. Shoot the cabbie $50 tip like you said. These guys have too much to lose.

There was a similar thread about this after roscoe's dui. Millionaires driving themselves is baffling, but I think the reason is that these guys are so obssessed with their fancy cars that they always want to take them out on the town and show them off.

I agree whole-heartedly with you. If I'm that wealthy, the only time I drive is during daylight hours, when there's not a lick of alcohol involved. When the sun goes down, I become a passenger.

That said -- we still don't know if Marshawn was even in the car, much less driving.

You don't need to buy influence if you are willing to wait up to an hour for a cab...

I agree with the whole premise of these guys getting carted around, but I think the problem here is the inherent "invincibilty" these athletes possess. I'm guessing most figure either their fame or fortune will get them out of any trouble they may find themselves in.

They certainly know the ramifications as it's splattered all over every newscast, paper, website almost on a daily basis, yet "THEY'RE" not the one who'll get caught.

Really.

Sure, to you, and all of us, that makes perfect sense. But just to play devils advocate, can you imagine all your NFL buds pulling up in whatever gorgeous expensive cars they own, while you show up in a cab? lol. Its probably "not cool" by player standards. I understand they have a lot to lose, but I think eliminating where you go at what hour of the night should be the first thought, not if you have a cab to get there or not.

Sure, to you, and all of us, that makes perfect sense. But just to play devils advocate, can you imagine all your NFL buds pulling up in whatever gorgeous expensive cars they own, while you show up in a cab? lol. Its probably "not cool" by player standards. I understand they have a lot to lose, but I think eliminating where you go at what hour of the night should be the first thought, not if you have a cab to get there or not.

I have to disagree there. He was out on chippewa st, not in a crackhouse or whorehouse or strip club. I don't think there's anything wrong with someone in their mid twenties going out to the bars, having some drinks, and having some fun. Just dont drive and don't get into fights and everything will be fine.

I don't nitpick everything. You made a dumb statement, about which you should show some humility as opposed to displaying a petulant snit.

En Garde! :rolleyes:

But do you always have to get your rocks off about calling people out on their dumb statements? So I made a dumb statement, so what? There is on average 800 dumb statements on this board everyday. Big deal.

or,,hire a chauffer / bodyguard...

How hard would that be ???

like the idiot in WV who won the $300Million Powerball a couple years ago.

He has had multiple DUI's and been robbed in his vehicle...

Geesh,,hire a chauffer... :rolleyes:

I have to disagree there. He was out on chippewa st, not in a crackhouse or whorehouse or strip club. I don't think there's anything wrong with someone in their mid twenties going out to the bars, having some drinks, and having some fun. Just dont drive and don't get into fights and everything will be fine.

I agree. I thought it was a bit over the top to say that now players cant drive their own cars, thats all.