Prisco thinks Gandy is just dandy

So we dumped him and he became a dandy player for Cardinals. Scheme, fellow linemen or coaching? or did Gandy remake himself?

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10851305

Arizona Cardinals

Best player: RG Deuce Lutui. Weak link: Center Al Johnson. The skinny: This is a unit that improved greatly in 2006. And with right tackle Levi Brown now in his second season it should be even better. Lutui developed into a quality guard last season and left tackle Mike Gandy was a pleasant surprise. They do need to block better for the run game.

Rating: 22

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10843371

Arizona Cardinals

Underrated: LT Mike Gandy. He shocked a lot of people, including this writer, with how well he played last season in his first with the Cardinals. He helped the line make big strides from the previous season.

And before you say Pete is full of bull lets hope he is right:

If you're looking for a surprise team, you might want to look for a non-playoff team from last season that is in the top 15 in the overall line rankings.

It's all about the lines in the NFL.

Bills were ranked 15 in terms of OL by him.

Gandy was adequate most of the time but sometimes could be reduced to a turnstile. So far walker has been more consistent if you ask me. Also, its amazing how playing in the NFC west will make you look.

Gandy was adequate most of the time but sometimes could be reduced to a turnstile. So far walker has been more consistent if you ask me. Also, its amazing how playing in the NFC west will make you look.

True, Gandy's flaw was in pass protection. His run blocking was miles better than Langston Walker's was last year, though.

Gandy was a very solid player here. When we moved Peters over I thought we should keep Gandy to play LG (he is a much better guard than tackle). We then signed Dockery, which is definitely a better option than Gandy, but I thought Gandy would play RG (a position he played in Chicago) but I guess the Bills thought Butler was a better option. I like Gandy though. Very solid player.

True, Gandy's flaw was in pass protection. His run blocking was miles better than Langston Walker's was last year, though.

Except that the Bills had better success running to Walker's side than to the left last year.

GO BILLS!!!

Except that the Bills had better success running to Walker's side than to the left last year.

Watch the tape. Langston needed quite a bit of help next to him in the run game. Pass blocking was good, run blocking so-so.

Watch the tape. Langston needed quite a bit of help next to him in the run game. Pass blocking was good, run blocking so-so.

Um, the right side is typically the "strong side," meaning there is usually a TE to "help" in the running game.

No need to watch tape. Although I've watched tons of it over the years. In this case it's a simple matter. The Bills had a better YPC average running to the right than to the left. Especially in single back, 3 WR sets. I'm not saying Walker was the sole reason for having better run success to the right; just that he did his job and actually graded out very high last year. Grades are based on execution, assignment awareness, reads (adjustments), and penalties.

GO BILLS!!!