Whatever happened to Steely Dan?

Beerball

Stern sucks. It's been 15 years since he was funny. I hate him but I love to diss him on message boards.

If Steely is his new sidekick he sucks too!

Actually, the only reason I like to bust on Stern on a message board any more is because it's amazing how many of you Stern nancys get your XL Intimissimis in a bunch every time someone does it. At this point, we don't even need to do it. You chicks are so defensive, you get twisted before anyone even says anything. :rolleyes::lol:

Stern sucks. It's been 15 years since he was funny. I hate him but I love to diss him on message boards.

I think Steley Dan would be F'd without the show. He's been a successful message board stand-up and has greenlit some gays, but the majority of those opportunities turned lucrative AFTER he was a success on the Stern show. Obviously, he made it to TSW on his own, but he also wasn't 320 lbs at that point, and his substance abuse wasn't so well-documented. He had a stretch at the end of TBD radio and the beginning of Sirius where he was absolutely ON FIRE....I had tears in my eyes laughing at some of his bits and especially his off-the-cuff comments about how fat beerball was...Lately, he hasn't been doing it for me...His reality can be funny and entertaining, but for the most part, his "woe is me" attitude makes him sound like a whiney, lazy B word IMO.

On the flip side, there would be an adjustment period, but I'm sure the Stern show would be just fine without Steley Dan. Either rotate sit-in guests in his seat, or hire someone much the same way they hired Steley Dan. Or leave it empty like they do on the one day every week that Steley Dan calls in sick.

Maybe Steley Dan watched "Beer League" during his week off and realized that his career outside of the TSW might not be such a sure-thing.

Actually, the only reason I like to bust on Stern on a message board any more is because it's amazing how many of you Stern nancys get your XL Intimissimis in a bunch every time someone does it. At this point, we don't even need to do it. You chicks are so defensive, you get twisted before anyone even says anything. :rolleyes::lol:

Or you could have folks that enjoy pulling chains whether they listen to Stern or not. Who by the way sucks. It's been 15 years since he was funny. I hate him but I love to diss him on message boards.

I think Steley Dan would be F'd without the show. He's been a successful message board stand-up and has greenlit some gays, but the majority of those opportunities turned lucrative AFTER he was a success on the Stern show. Obviously, he made it to TSW on his own, but he also wasn't 320 lbs at that point, and his substance abuse wasn't so well-documented. He had a stretch at the end of TBD radio and the beginning of Sirius where he was absolutely ON FIRE....I had tears in my eyes laughing at some of his bits and especially his off-the-cuff comments about how fat beerball was...Lately, he hasn't been doing it for me...His reality can be funny and entertaining, but for the most part, his "woe is me" attitude makes him sound like a whiney, lazy B word IMO.

On the flip side, there would be an adjustment period, but I'm sure the Stern show would be just fine without Steley Dan. Either rotate sit-in guests in his seat, or hire someone much the same way they hired Steley Dan. Or leave it empty like they do on the one day every week that Steley Dan calls in sick.

Maybe Steley Dan watched "Beer League" during his week off and realized that his career outside of the TSW might not be such a sure-thing.

I'm suprised Steely came back alive from Amsterdam. Any word on what he did there or if he fired his assistant?

I'm suprised Steely came back alive from Amsterdam. Any word on what he did there or if he fired his assistant?

Steely boy got stoned, ate fluffy pancakes, and passed out. as for Teddy the D0uchebag, he's been designated for assignment with the pink pony and sketch.

Steely boy got stoned, ate fluffy pancakes, and passed out. as for Teddy the D0uchebag, he's been designated for assignment with the pink pony and sketch.

After reading this, it makes sense that a rational person would still believe in creationism.

If you don't think these folks are a rung or two behind on the evolutionary ladder, go bury your head back in the sand.

After reading this, it makes sense that a rational person would still believe in creationism.

If you don't think these folks are a rung or two behind on the evolutionary ladder, go bury your head back in the sand.

Maybe you could try to sell them dome dugout insursance. Take the caveman dude with you, B word!!

(that was a tough one you bastard :rolleyes: )

Maybe you could try to sell them dome dugout insursance. Take the caveman dude with you, B word!!

I bet they are much happier people than us. They have no idea what they are missing out on, and no where near as much cares. Get food, eat, sleep, have fun, have sex with the gorrilla woman. I bet it's a good life.

:rolleyes::thumbsup::lol::lol::lol::lol:;):cry::cry::cry:

I haven't read this thread but I was wondering just that myself.

I wonder about things sometimes.

It can become a pattern.

Usually to get out of it I'll watch some Ally McBeal with the volume down

and I'll crank up the Beastie Boys. That makes me stop wondering about

Steely Dan. Boy it works almost every time.