Proud Papa gotta brag

Simon

What did she say to her classmates in her address?
How was the speech?

Competent, concise, clear, confident and coherent.

She opened with a Dr Seuss theme that served nicely as a common point of interest and grabbed their attention right away. Then she maintained that thread throughout the speech and did a wonderful job stringing together some salient thoughts and a lot of rich, flavorful phrasing. Held it down under 4-5 minutes and delivered it at an appropriate pace with strength and grace.

I was as impressed as I was proud and all three of the the women sitting around me (my wife, my Mum and my Dad's 2nd wife) were still sniffling for a long while after she was done. Had she gone another 2-3 minutes I'd have likely joined them. :rolleyes:

the importance of being successful in school while also experiencing other things in life

That's one of my favorite things about her. She works her tail off to get what she wants but when the work is done she knows how to let it go and go enjoy what the world has to offer, whether it's white-water rafting, leading her cheerleading squad, convincing people to vote for Ron Paul, or some shots and beers with Dad when I can occasionally talk her into it.

Now if I can just her to quit cussing like a sailor, we'll have a real lady on our hands.

I just don't know where the !@#$ she gets it. :thumbsup:

Congrats Simon. You've done a great job. Too bad your reward is that she'll now want to go out and change the world. Can't do that from your house. :lol:

Hope you were able to tape that. You'll watch it more than 'The Comeback'. You actually had a hand in this big win. :rolleyes:

Feel free to write a book on parenting. I'll buy a copy. :thumbsup: