Anybody watch the Ultimate XC fight last night?

The part that bothered me was the terrible refs. The fights were being stopped kind of early, and that was god awful refing in the Kimbo fight. Colosus (or whatever his name was) had side control and was dropping elbows, and he stood it up. Wha? Then he stops the fight when both fighters are still standing, and both were still throwing punches.

I have a funny feeling that they were stopping it early because it was the first fight on a national broadcast. They probably wanted to keep it clean and "safe". IMO they ruined the night by doing it. I'll stick to UFC, WEC, and boxing on ESPN for my fight needs.

Speaking of WEC, you gonna watch the big fight tonight? I love watching Faber fight, and Pulver can knock anyone out. Should be fun.

The part that bothered me was the terrible refs. The fights were being stopped kind of early, and that was god awful refing in the Kimbo fight. Colosus (or whatever his name was) had side control and was dropping elbows, and he stood it up. Wha? Then he stops the fight when both fighters are still standing, and both were still throwing punches.

That guy's ear was freaking gross! :(

I have a funny feeling that they were stopping it early because it was the first fight on a national broadcast. They probably wanted to keep it clean and "safe". IMO they ruined the night by doing it. I'll stick to UFC, WEC, and boxing on ESPN for my fight needs.

Speaking of WEC, you gonna watch the big fight tonight? I love watching Faber fight, and Pulver can knock anyone out. Should be fun.

I was really kicking myself as I was watching those fights that I didn't lay any money on them....First time in primetime on a national network, was there ANY DOUBT that CBS, Ultimate XC, and the refs were going to MAKE SURE that the "hot girl" and Kimbo got the victories??? Those were the locks of the year and I blew it...

UFC was better in the early 90's...too much hype now

Are you kidding me? watching a bunch of karate guys get schooled by Joyce Gracie was bush.

These are top athletes who are skilled in a strategic combination of fighting arts. Now it is a sport whereas before it was a circus sideshow.

Are you kidding me? watching a bunch of karate guys get schooled by Joyce Gracie was bush.

Thats right.....nothing will compare with the "Gracie Train"