Obama quits church

Leaving Pasta Joe and Silver sans talking points.

You ever get around to explaining why Rev. Wright's quote were all acceptable "in context" or did you finally give up when even Sen. Obama cut ties with him?

:unsure:

All the brew-ha-ha of which, being Wright, Hagee, Robertson, et al, has me wondering once again why churches are not taxed as quasi-political organizations.

Church used to be about Jesus-God. Now it's abortion-this, stem cells-that, illegal-immigration-the-other... It's not even subtle these days.

I hope seeing this downward spiral of fundamental discussion in the church is why Obama quit this parish, rather than it being politically expedient. But I know that if my minister started talking for me as if he were my puppetmaster, I'd be right pissed and it wouldn't have taken me this long to officially part ways. Those listed above and many more are political animals dressed in frocks.

All the brew-ha-ha of which, being Wright, Hagee, Robertson, et al, has me wondering once again why churches are not taxed as quasi-political organizations. Church used to be about Jesus-God. Now it's abortion-this, stem cells-that, illegal-immigration-the-other... It's not even subtle these days.I hope seeing this downward spiral of fundamental discussion in the church is why Obama quit this parish, rather than it being politically expedient. But I know that if my minister started talking for me as if he were my puppetmaster, I'd be right pissed and it wouldn't have taken me this long to officially part ways. Those listed above and many more are political animals dressed in frocks.
Amen to that. I have always said religion should be taxed.

I was surprised to see that the priest who made the nasty comments was a white guy. Where does he get off speaking for black folk?

Religion damn sure should be taxed, except for the charitable outreach programs. That would encourage more denominations to spend their tithe money doing God's work instead of building massive temples, TV stations and all that bull sh-- that only glorify the preacher and not the Maker.

Leaving Pasta Joe and Silver sans talking points.

EGYLM,

Don't you see this as a bad thing? If Obama's church causes him a problem and he just up and quits, what will he do if he is negotiating on the US' bahalf? The UN represents plenty of terrorist states like Iran and N. Korea and third world countries like South America and Canada. Do you think if the UN keeps saying the US is a pain in the neck that Obama will just quit the US?

EGYLM,

Don't you see this as a bad thing? If Obama's church causes him a problem and he just up and quits, what will he do if he is negotiating on the US' bahalf? The UN represents plenty of terrorist states like Iran and N. Korea and third world countries like South America and Canada. Do you think if the UN keeps saying the US is a pain in the neck that Obama will just quit the US?

Consider anytime we don't have to read this Trinity Church/"pastor problem" crap here a good thing.

Now will McCain officially renounce (or better yet "denounce") his self proclaimed "spiritual guide" the conservative whack job and hate mongorer Parsley?

Consider anytime we don't have to read this Trinity Church/"pastor problem" crap here a good thing.

Now will McCain officially renounce (or better yet "denounce") his self proclaimed "spiritual guide" the conservative whack job and hate mongorer Parsley?

My apologies. McCain did disavow the wretched right wing nut job Parsley.

http://www.mediastudy.com/articles/av5-29-08.html

Funny how the right wing biased corporate media missed that one.