Flyover Pictures of uncontacted tribe

Fewell733

Nice understanding of natural selection, genius.

Because they clearly are something other than Homo sapien?

Yeah, because one day all life was the equivalent of an amoeba and then next, we had humans as we know them today. There was absolutely no gradual evolution....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, because one day all life was the equivalent of an amoeba and then next, we had humans as we know them today. There was absolutely no gradual evolution....

That's great. But you used the example of humans discovering humans as proof of natural selection. Think about that one. :(

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/05/...ibes/index.html

gotta love the aiming of the bows and arrows at the plane.

edit - here's some actual analysis from the BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7427417.stm

I read a more extensive article on this sighting. What stunned me is that after first contact with such tribes, it is not unusual to see upto 50% of that tribe wiped out within a matter of months. This is because they do not have resistance to a few illnesses common to us outsiders. They catch a cold and flu and it is fatal to them. What exactly do we hope to achieve by contacting them ? Impose our perception of a happier living when such is purely subjective ? It is okay to fly by and take pictures but I think they are best left alone.

I read a more extensive article on this sighting. What stunned me is that after first contact with such tribes, it is not unusual to see upto 50% of that tribe wiped out within a matter of months. This is because they do not have resistance to a few illnesses common to us outsiders. They catch a cold and flu and it is fatal to them. What exactly do we hope to achieve by contacting them ? Impose our perception of a happier living when such is purely subjective ? It is okay to fly by and take pictures but I think they are best left alone.

Dude, they don't have McDonalds. Poor people. . .

I have to agree with you on this one. They are best off left alone if possible.

I have to agree with you on this one. They are best off left alone if possible.

See that is the point... Eventually they will not be left alone... Isn't the loss of rainforest slowly catching up with them? They are going to contact someone someday... And there is a BIG difference in people who may come into contact with them!

See that is the point... Eventually they will not be left alone... Isn't the loss of rainforest slowly catching up with them? They are going to contact someone someday... And there is a BIG difference in people who may come into contact with them!

I did qualify my statement with if possible. So what is proposed ? Moving them to Iowa ?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get it. The tribe is real and they are still a tribe that has had no contact with the outside world. I didn't go back to the original article and read it, but I remember during this whole thing reading that they were trying to get pictures of the tribe with the flyover.

But even if I'm wrong on that last part, who cares if they knew the tribe was there or not?