Harvey Korman passes at the age of 81

duey

RIP Hedy

It's HEDLEY!!!

One of the best movie characters.

Hedley Lamarr: Gentlemen, please rest your sphincters.

Hedley Lamarr: [to Lili Von Stupp] Shut up, you Teutonic twat!

Hedley Lamarr: Head them off at the pass? I hate that cliché.

Taggart: I got it! I know how we can run everyone out of Rock Ridge.

Hedley Lamarr: How?

Taggart: We'll kill the first born male child in every household.

Hedley Lamarr: [after some intrigued consideration] ... Too Jewish.

Hedley Lamarr: My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.

Taggart: Ditto.

Hedley Lamarr: "Ditto?" "Ditto," you provincial putz?

Hedley Lamarr: My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Taggart: God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.

That was one fun movie

Great in "Blazing Saddles", but I'm going to have to call him on the "Carol Burnett Show". Not unlike Jimmy Fallon, he absolutely could not keep it together when working with Tim Conway.

Then again, I'm not sure who could. It might have made it even funnier.

I want you to round up every vicious criminal and gunslinger in the west. Take this down. I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, train robbers, bank robbers, and Methodists!

THAT'S HEADLY!!

I want you to round up every vicious criminal and gunslinger in the west. Take this down. I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, train robbers, bank robbers, and Methodists!

THAT'S HEADLY!!

Ohhh man, I hadn't heard this yet! :thumbsup:

He and Tim Conway on the Carol Burnett Show were one of the funniest comedy teams of all time! :lol:

He was great in all of the Mel Brooks movies he appeared in.

Like History of the world part 1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bearnaise: I don't like your cuffs!... I don't like your cuffs! I don't like your cuffs! A man's cuffs should be even with the tip of his 'pee-pee'. Yours are all the way down to your balls!

Count de Monet: At least I have them!

Bearnaise: B word!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Count de Monet: Don't get saucy with me, Bernaise.

Count de Monet: [to the piss boy] Wait for the shake!

I loved it when he couldn't control his laughter. A lot of people thought it was staged but it was real. They'd do two takes of every part of the show and then use the best one. How could you not laugh at this?!

Too Funny!

Harvey was far funnier than Jimmy Fallon could ever dream about.

You don't really think I was comparing the comedic talents of Harvey Korman to Jimmy Fallon, do you Mike?

You do?

Really?

Jimmy Fallon?

Really? Really?

Fallon?

Really?

No. I was mentioning the fact that they both tended to lose their composure during skits. See Fallon in 'Cowbell' with Farrell, Fallon in 'Hot tub' with (again) Farrell. Any old Carol Burnett skit that had Korman with Tim Conway was similar. That's all I'm saying.

Really?

Really. :thumbsup:

Ohhh man, I hadn't heard this yet! :thumbsup:

He and Tim Conway on the Carol Burnett Show were one of the funniest comedy teams of all time! :lol:

He was great in all of the Mel Brooks movies he appeared in.

Like History of the world part 1.

Bearnaise: I don't like your cuffs!... I don't like your cuffs! I don't like your cuffs! A man's cuffs should be even with the tip of his 'pee-pee'. Yours are all the way down to your balls!

Count de Monet: At least I have them!

Bearnaise: B word!

Count de Monet: Don't get saucy with me, Bernaise.

Count de Monet: [to the piss boy] Wait for the shake!

I loved it when he couldn't control his laughter. A lot of people thought it was staged but it was real. They'd do two takes of every part of the show and then use the best one. How could you not laugh at this?!

Too Funny!

You don't really think I was comparing the comedic talents of Harvey Korman to Jimmy Fallon, do you Mike?

You do?

Really?

Jimmy Fallon?

Really? Really?

Fallon?

Really?

No. I was mentioning the fact that they both tended to lose their composure during skits. See Fallon in 'Cowbell' with Farrell, Fallon in 'Hot tub' with (again) Farrell. Any old Carol Burnett skit that had Korman with Tim Conway was similar. That's all I'm saying.

Really?

Really. :thumbsup:

Difference was, the cast of the Carol Burnett Show was deliberately trying to make each other lose it. Burnett herself wasn't immune ...

:thumbsup:

Hard to top the posts above, so I won't try.

When I was a kid I watched Carol Burnett reruns and thought he was silly. When I got older, Blazing Saddles and History of the World were funny as hell. I thought he was amusing then. I just watched Blazing Saddles (for like the 15th time) with my son last week. He was hysterical. If I reach the age of his passing, he might be legendary.

RIP Hedy

It's HEDLEY!!!

One of the best movie characters.

Hedley Lamarr: Gentlemen, please rest your sphincters.

Hedley Lamarr: [to Lili Von Stupp] Shut up, you Teutonic twat!

Hedley Lamarr: Head them off at the pass? I hate that cliché.

Taggart: I got it! I know how we can run everyone out of Rock Ridge.

Hedley Lamarr: How?

Taggart: We'll kill the first born male child in every household.

Hedley Lamarr: [after some intrigued consideration] ... Too Jewish.

Hedley Lamarr: My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.

Taggart: Ditto.

Hedley Lamarr: "Ditto?" "Ditto," you provincial putz?

Hedley Lamarr: My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Taggart: God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.

That was one fun movie

The meeting's adjourned!

You do?

Really?

Jimmy Fallon?

Really? Really?

Fallon?

Really?

Really?

Really. :lol:

Oooh, you had me going there for a moment, Hop Man. :thumbsup:

Fallon is what he is, and I hope for his sake, he can succeed Conan well.

Harvey, well, he's just one of the best. Ever. RIP.

I saw Carol Burnett live at UB a few years back. She said that they filmed each show twice (one matinee, one evening). Conway made it his sworn duty to play the first show straight and the second to do nothing but get Korman to loose it at every turn.

I think Korman's inability to keep a straight face made the show infinately better than it would have been if he had a poker face,

RIP Harvey.