Worst QB Combos...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course Young is by far superior to either of our QBs.Thats not even debatable.He is a winner--altho not in the classic QB style.

:rolleyes::lol::ph34r:

Vince young a good QB? Please. He's a hell of an athlete who happens to line up under center and throw the occasional pass from time to time (of which many do not actually wind up near the intended WR), but he's hardly a QB. The guy is one of the worst passers in the league. The book is the same on young as it was on a young vick. he'll win some games with his legs, but when push comes to shove, the team isnt going anywhere with him behind the helm. Unless you are happy with 9 TDs and 17 INTs.

No bruh, he scored a 6. Not a *16, a 6 on the Wunderlic Test. :rolleyes:

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Phill...gs_Huge_Mistake

no bruh, that was a false rumor. He scored a 16 on the only properly administered wonderlic test that he took. I'd provide the link to the Houston Chronicle stories about it, but they're offline now, so you'll have to make due with this:

http://deadspin.com/sports/college-footbal...ight-157115.php

Screw it, I'm adding this to my friggin sig, since everyone keeps repeating the same wrong info.

Where in my post did I even imply he did have enough time? He's unproven...simple as that. He showed some poise...but also showed a propensity of staring down his receivers.

You seem to be forgetting those Pac 10 titles that Edwards won singlehandedly and how Losman turned Tulane from a very weak link in a weak conference to , well, ...what they are today. :rolleyes:

Sorry, homers , potential had nothing to do with this article. We would trade Edwards and Losman straight up for Young every day of the week.

However, I think Edwards has the potential to be much better than Young and given the time to throw... and Mr. Hardy in the redzone, things could be nice.

Of course Young is by far superior to either of our QBs.Thats not even debatable.He is a winner--altho not in the classic QB style.

He was a winner in college...he has done 'OK' in the NFL. In high school and college, athleticism sometimes trumps ability. Vince Young is a classic example of that.

QUOTE (stewy23 @ May 28 2008, 04:35 PM)

I hope you are joking...

I can't stand Vince Young. I think he's a horrible QB and watching and listening to him in the media these days, obviously he's not the brightest guy either. I'd rather have Craig Nall over Vince Young. I like Collins though.

:thumbsup:

Gotta love the internet sometimes.

??? Was that a shot at me? There wasn't really a point included in there.

Another person who thinks Madden ratings are gold

Bingo! Vince Young rules in Madden! And sometimes that's all some people know...

Vince young a good QB? Please. He's a hell of an athlete who happens to line up under center and throw the occasional pass from time to time (of which many do not actually wind up near the intended WR), but he's hardly a QB. The guy is one of the worst passers in the league. The book is the same on young as it was on a young vick. he'll win some games with his legs, but when push comes to shove, the team isnt going anywhere with him behind the helm. Unless you are happy with 9 TDs and 17 INTs.

AMEN! Finally a couple of people who understand! Halleluja!

??? Was that a shot at me? There wasn't really a point included in there.

Sure was. You're open to criticism when you suggest Craig Nall is better than Vince Young.

And why is he "obviously not too bright"? That doesn't seem so obvious to me...he's seemed pretty well-spoken whenever I've heard him speak. I'd swap McKelvin's vocabulary for VY's any day.

And please don't give me Wonderlic scores...

Sure was. You're open to criticism when you suggest Craig Nall is better than Vince Young.

And why is he "obviously not too bright"? That doesn't seem so obvious to me...he's seemed pretty well-spoken whenever I've heard him speak. I'd swap McKelvin's vocabulary for VY's any day.

And please don't give me Wonderlic scores...

Coming out of college: “I accept what God blessed me to be: a leader, a quarterback. It comes with a lot of fame, a lot of awards, a lot of things.”

A few weeks ago there was this: Link

About retiring after 1 season in the NFL: "I really thought long and hard about it.There was so much going on with my family. It was crazy being an NFL quarterback. It wasn't fun anymore. All of the fun was out of it. All of the excitement was gone. All I was doing was worrying about things. My teammates helped lift me out of it. I prayed really hard. And I began to focus on God's calling for me. Play football. Be a role model."

Then after somebody asked him about his stupid comments concerning retirement: "I was never going to quit football, football, that is my pride and joy, it is my dream. I am playing my dream. And I don't plan on giving that up any time soon.''

Apparently he's living the "dream" and he is proud to me a role model for kids. I gues chugging bottles of vodka is one of those "brilliant" things that Vince can teach youngsters.

The guy is a moron. I don't care what he got on the Wonderlic. He's 2 years away from attempting to resurrect his career as a wideout...

I'd rather have Craig Nall over Vince Young.

When you make a statement like this, and then defend it later in the thread, you lose all credibility.

Vince Young has been a starter in the NFL for most of the past 2 seasons. Craig Nall has never started a game. Craig Nall was cut 3 times by 2 teams last year (including the Bills TWICE who kept nobody rather than him as the 3rd stringer when the season started). There is no interest in Craig Nall throughout the NFL, especially as a starter. If Vince Young was available as a free agent, do you think he'd remain unsigned as long as Nall has after he finished the season on the bench in Green Bay? If you want to name a QB you'd rather have than Young, don't throw a thrice cut 3rd stringer out as an example and expect people to take you seriously.

When you make a statement like this, and then defend it later in the thread, you lose all credibility.

Vince Young has been a starter in the NFL for most of the past 2 seasons. Craig Nall has never started a game. Craig Nall was cut 3 times by 2 teams last year (including the Bills TWICE who kept nobody rather than him as the 3rd stringer when the season started). There is no interest in Craig Nall throughout the NFL, especially as a starter. If Vince Young was available as a free agent, do you think he'd remain unsigned as long as Nall has after he finished the season on the bench in Green Bay? If you want to name a QB you'd rather have than Young, don't throw a thrice cut 3rd stringer out as an example and expect people to take you seriously.

Here's my "credibility." Check this out: Link

Coming out of college: “I accept what God blessed me to be: a leader, a quarterback. It comes with a lot of fame, a lot of awards, a lot of things.”

About retiring after 1 season in the NFL: "I really thought long and hard about it.There was so much going on with my family. It was crazy being an NFL quarterback. It wasn't fun anymore. All of the fun was out of it. All of the excitement was gone. All I was doing was worrying about things. My teammates helped lift me out of it. I prayed really hard. And I began to focus on God's calling for me. Play football. Be a role model."

Then after somebody asked him about his stupid comments concerning retirement: "I was never going to quit football, football, that is my pride and joy, it is my dream. I am playing my dream. And I don't plan on giving that up any time soon.''

Apparently he's living the "dream" and he is proud to me a role model for kids. I gues chugging bottles of vodka is one of those "brilliant" things that Vince can teach youngsters.

The guy is a moron. I don't care what he got on the Wonderlic. He's 2 years away from attempting to resurrect his career as a wideout...

Okay. And why is he dumb?

What player is a role model? Peyton Manning? Do you think Peyton Manning has never been drunk before?

What about his comments concerning retirement were "stupid?" He can't be overwhelmed by the pressures of being an NFL quarterback to the point that it isn't fun anymore without being stupid?

Every time I've heard him speak he's struck me as an intelligent person. Just not understanding where you're coming from at all with this.

He's a moron for having second thoughts about his chosen career path, but then realizing that it is what he wants to do?

Who the hell hasn't had that at some point?

You mean a 25-year-old male parties? WHAT A SHOCKER.

The guy is a moron.

Got proof?

Vince Young is an NFL player. I am not looking for him to be a "role model" or a grand orator (whatever that means) or anything other than a football player. That being said, I think that he is stupid because:

A. 6 or 16 is a low score on a fairly simple aptitude test.

B. The guy never says anything of substance. Almost every time I've seen/heard him talk he has basically said (and re-said) the same statement: "God given talent...blah blah blah...living the dream...giving 100%...I just want to thank God...yada yada yada." He just comes off as an un-intelligent, simple person. That doesn't make him a bad guy, it just makes him an easy target.

C. I just don't like him. Or anyone who gets over-hyped like he does. It's really not that complicated.

I'm sorry for having an opinion. The facts are the same for anyone who cares to look. To me the signs say "bonehead" others may read the signs differently. That's what makes the world such a fun & crazy place...we are all different.

P.S. Before anyone gets on me saying I am some anti-religious, atheist lunatic I assure you that is not the case. I thank God every day for what He has given my family and friends, I just don't choose to inform everyone of that every single time somebody asks me a question.

Vince Young is an NFL player. I am not looking for him to be a "role model" or a grand orator (whatever that means) or anything other than a football player. That being said, I think that he is stupid because:

The average NFL player scores a 20. Further, a 16 indicates a likely IQ of around 92, just slightly below the national average.

B. The guy never says anything of substance. Almost every time I've seen/heard him talk he has basically said (and re-said) the same statement: "God given talent...blah blah blah...living the dream...giving 100%...I just want to thank God...yada yada yada." He just comes off as an un-intelligent, simple person. That doesn't make him a bad guy, it just makes him an easy target.

Football players (and coaches) give canned responses? SHOCKING.

C. I just don't like him. Or anyone who gets over-hyped like he does. It's really not that complicated.

I'm sorry for having an opinion. The facts are the same for anyone who cares to look. To me the signs say "bonehead" others may read the signs differently. That's what makes the world such a fun & crazy place...we are all different.

Two issues with these statements:

First of all, of course you are welcomed to have an opinion (why the hell are you apologizing), but I challenged you to back it up. Saying "I just don't like him" is not proof of him being stupid, or proof of anything else.

Furthermore, it is ironic that you are calling him the moron when you use "I just don't like him" as proof that he's a moron. In addition, the statement that you don't like him because he's overhyped is an irrational - shall we say, moronic - way to form an opinion about someone.

Instead of saying "I dislike him because he has not been a very good quarterback, as evidenced by his QB rating", you are saying "I dislike him because other people really like him, more than I judge him to be worth", essentially letting other people's opinions form the basis for your own.

I think that he is stupid because:

I don't really know anything about the Wonderlic, so I won't comment other than this: I'd much rather judge someone by how they function in reality than how they perform on a test. I thought the SAT was a pretty easy test, but I know smart people who didn't do well on it. My prior experience tells me I shouldn't judge intelligence based on a test instead of how they function in reality.

There are alot of football players that never say anything of substance. About 90% of the league, actually. What Bills player ever says anything of substance? Does that mean every player on this team is stupid? No, it just means they're athletes, and the answers to the questions they're normally asked simply don't involve any philosophical revelations.

You can dislike him without insulting his intelligence. :rolleyes:

You can have whatever opinion you like. What bothered me was when you said he's "obviously not too bright." If its so obvious, why don't I see it? If you had said "I don't believe he's too bright," I probably wouldn't have even posted...but when you said it was an obvious certainty, you suggested that any intelligent person would realize Vince Young is stupid. If its so obvious, you should be able to back it up without saying, "Its just my opinion."