HGH releasers

From the thread subject I thought this was referring to the Cheatriot strength and conditioning staff - another revelation in the long list of Cheatriot* cheating practices... :unsure:

That is an interesting read. Nice find.

I had no idea that HGH Releasers even existed. It's definitely something that is on the radar in professional sports for obvious reasons. It's sad to see that the greed involved with pro sports has taken away from the tradition. It's not the "may the best team win" anymore, it's whoever cheats and gets away with it. It seems like every day that we hear about a new way to cheat. It's not even about the sport of it anymore.

A little depressing if you ask me...

That is an interesting read. Nice find.

I had no idea that HGH Releasers even existed. It's definitely something that is on the radar in professional sports for obvious reasons. It's sad to see that the greed involved with pro sports has taken away from the tradition. It's not the "may the best team win" anymore, it's whoever cheats and gets away with it. It seems like every day that we hear about a new way to cheat. It's not even about the sport of it anymore.

A little depressing if you ask me...

And who's to say the Raiders and Steelers of the 1970's weren't roided up?

And who's to say the Raiders and Steelers of the 1970's weren't roided up?

Not sure about the Raiders but the Steelers were the first NFL team to be systematic about weightlifting and the use of steroids - they had a four year head start on most teams but by the 80s you had to use steroids or be a genetic freak to be a NFL lineman.

Why don't they test for hormone levels being above the normal range. It wouldn't matter how you got them to be higher than normal, just that they are higher than normal. Makes the detection easier because your not looking for the how they did it, just that they did cheat by raising levels.

Why don't they test for hormone levels being above the normal range. It wouldn't matter how you got them to be higher than normal, just that they are higher than normal. Makes the detection easier because your not looking for the how they did it, just that they did cheat by raising levels.

The problem is a range is naturally a range. Some folks are at the low end of the range or below "normal" or adequate levels through their normal activities. Others can be at the high end of the range or even at superhuman levels through their normal or not illegal or unethical activities.

One can make a justification for penalizing individuals who test out at the high end of the range for hormones regardless of how they go there if one chooses. However, with this logic should one also penalize individuals for being higher than the norm height, Wonderlic scores, eye-hand coordination tests, or whatever one chooses.

Some of these choices may end up not being fair, but then life is not fair so be it.

The problem is a range is naturally a range. Some folks are at the low end of the range or below "normal" or adequate levels through their normal activities. Others can be at the high end of the range or even at superhuman levels through their normal or not illegal or unethical activities.

One can make a justification for penalizing individuals who test out at the high end of the range for hormones regardless of how they go there if one chooses. However, with this logic should one also penalize individuals for being higher than the norm height, Wonderlic scores, eye-hand coordination tests, or whatever one chooses.

Some of these choices may end up not being fair, but then life is not fair so be it.

I'll keep the discussion just on HGH and not any other category. When I mentioned a normal range I mean determine a range that is normal even on the hi end for all human beings. If you are above the high end then you have obviously manipulated the production of HGH. If you fall in the range then you don't have an undue advantage. If your above the hi end then you have an unfair advantage. I'm sure a hi end could be determined that encompasses even the freaks of the world.

I'll keep the discussion just on HGH and not any other category. When I mentioned a normal range I mean determine a range that is normal even on the hi end for all human beings. If you are above the high end then you have obviously manipulated the production of HGH. If you fall in the range then you don't have an undue advantage. If your above the hi end then you have an unfair advantage. I'm sure a hi end could be determined that encompasses even the freaks of the world.

Since I am more driven by what is practical rather than statements of principle which I may generally agree with but are often produce unfair results in extreme cases even though generally they are fair this would be with me.

Unfortunately, my sense is that in the real world, folks are happy to hide behind allegedly high principle to get away with doing bad things so I doubt that a solution can be found that the key parties are comfortable with to do something logical.

The NFL and NFLPA generally operate in a conspiracy of silence which allows some players to abuse performance enhancing drugs because it produces a more entertaining product in the end.

Just as in the Bill Belicheat case, the NFL proved willing to destroy evidence that may have shown the Pats had won the SB taking advantage of the rules that others followed or were not smart enough to figure out how to dodge them. The NFL appears quite willing to only give lip service to principles and will only slap the hand of miscreants when forced to.

The NFLPA also seems willing to look the other way if its members use performance enhancing drugs as it makes more $ for the individual member.

The MLB steroid investigation does show both the willingness of big money sports and big money athletes to conspire to look the other way when it helps them out as the steroid "era" did when the homerun battle between McGwire and Sosa helped revive post-strike MLB baseball but also to tell the truth about the obvious when forced to do so.

Perhaps on HGH the NFL can be forced to do something logical as you propose, but unfortunately I am cynical enough to doubt it.