Pressure Building for punishment in new Pats* scandal

AKC

So my pet peeve yesterday. Come home from Wegmans with my favorite ice cream, and paid the usual price. Put it in the freezer next to the old one and notice, what the heck, it's SMALLER. Down from 1.75 qts to 1.5, but the price is unchanged. ;):unsure:

The company's logic being our customers are so stupid, lets put this one over them. Nice appreciation of your customer

margarine containers have gotten smaller as well...probably other examples out there

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are probably thousands of examples like that, except that they're not fraudulent. Fraud would be packaging a smaller container yet still labeling as the bigger one. We're not talking about pissing off fans, we're talking about outright fraud and cheating.

Well...how does the company you work for pay for your salary raises? :unsure:

I saw this in a book about making a self-employed career in computer work:

"We offer...

INNOVATIVE DESIGNS

LOW PRICES

HIGH QUALITY

FAST RESULTS

...pick any two, and let's talk.".

Ain't it the truth? ;)

That's right along the lines of what we tell our customers when they call up with a project that they need done as a rush. When they question the expedite fee, the response is always: "Good. Quick. Cheap. Pick two."

So my pet peeve yesterday. Come home from Wegmans with my favorite ice cream, and paid the usual price. Put it in the freezer next to the old one and notice, what the heck, it's SMALLER. Down from 1.75 qts to 1.5, but the price is unchanged. ;):unsure:

The company's logic being our customers are so stupid, lets put this one over them. Nice appreciation of your customer

Apparently it worked - at least once.

That's right along the lines of what we tell our customers when they call up with a project that they need done as a rush. When they question the expedite fee, the response is always: "Good. Quick. Cheap. Pick two."

Well at my company you can only "pick one" :unsure:

Virtually every item at the grocery store has gotten smaller, while the price has stayed the same. This is been on-going for years.

It fools the Commerence department who never factor these changes into inflation rate. I am not sure that is proving marketers are smart or government is dumb and is easily manipulated.

If Walsh's and Tucker's claims are true, then the Patriots' actions most likely constituted an unfair labor practice (no pun intended) and a clear violation of the collective bargaining agreement that was in place at the time. It will be interesting to see if the NFLPA pushes this, as you would expect them to.

If the NFLPA ignores this, then it's pretty clear they are in on the coverup too.

If Walsh's and Tucker's claims are true, then the Patriots' actions most likely constituted an unfair labor practice (no pun intended) and a clear violation of the collective bargaining agreement that was in place at the time. It will be interesting to see if the NFLPA pushes this, as you would expect them to.

If the NFLPA ignores this, then it's pretty clear they are in on the coverup too.

No freaking way the NFLPA will go after the P*ts because they don't want to expose the players that are in the P*ts' HGH program. It's the same dilemma the league faces. If the investigation is too thorough they'll start uncovering stuff they just don't want to know about with regards to the P*ts cheating. There's too much money involved for all the individual pieces in this puzzle to actually have an investigation that isn't a sham.

they don't want to expose the players that are in the P*ts' HGH program.

What would ever make you think a grandfatherly group like the Pats* LB corps have been using HGH?

So my pet peeve yesterday. Come home from Wegmans with my favorite ice cream, and paid the usual price. Put it in the freezer next to the old one and notice, what the heck, it's SMALLER. Down from 1.75 qts to 1.5, but the price is unchanged. :lol::rolleyes:

I do believe that Mighty Taco's "El Nino" has stayed the same size and not gone up in price. Change your eating habits. Embrace south of the border cuisine!

It fools the Commerence department who never factor these changes into inflation rate. I am not sure that is proving marketers are smart or government is dumb and is easily manipulated.

It keeps the consumer marginally happy. The sizes change in small increments but the price remains the same. It's harder to notice than the price jumping by 15%.

You think sized have gotten small here. Go to Norway. 8oz of mayonnaise is $7.00 US. A 20oz Coke is $2.50. A large pizza is $32. Gasoline is about $12 a gallon. They don't use Euros either.

They have a 25% VAT on everything. 35% is their LOWEST income tax bracket. But they have universal healthcare.... :gag:

It keeps the consumer marginally happy. The sizes change in small increments but the price remains the same. It's harder to notice than the price jumping by 15%.

You think sized have gotten small here. Go to Norway. 8oz of mayonnaise is $7.00 US. A 20oz Coke is $2.50. A large pizza is $32. Gasoline is about $12 a gallon. They don't use Euros either.

They have a 25% VAT on everything. 35% is their LOWEST income tax bracket. But they have universal healthcare.... :gag:

They have universal health care in Canada, so don't blame the prices on that.

Canada has universal coverage. For care, wait your turn...sometimes for months...

Not to hijack this thread, but it should be pointed out that universal health care does not automatically equate to waiting months for your procedure. There are a number of countries that have universal health care with little to no waiting times, or waiting times that equal that we see in this country.

Not to hijack this thread, but it should be pointed out that universal health care does not automatically equate to waiting months for your procedure. There are a number of countries that have universal health care with little to no waiting times, or waiting times that equal that we see in this country.

I've got a friend- she's a surfer and has never had any "interest" in buying her own healthcare. She spent a while in Costa Rica where they have "Universal Coverage". She's back in the states being treated in our Los Angeles County system because she isn't "covered", and the injuries she's being treated for were sustained while under the "universal coverage" of the Costa Rica health care system. She suffers permanent disabilities from their failed and wretched treatment of a relatively simple leg fracture.

I've been to Costa too- and with any chance to avoid being caught dead through their unbelievably horrible system I can promise you I would never allow them to do even the most basic procedure on me.

The "Universal Coverage" hoax that gets talked about in America requires that you ignore the best health care delivery system in the world- the one here in the United States- the destination for almost everyone with the means to seek the finest care.

And the reason our delivery system is second to none, and continues to be the most innovative in the world, is because we haven't destroyed it with the "Universal Coverage" model that is killing people worldwide every day. There is nowhere in the world that more "uncovered" people receive more top quality care than in the United States. If you don't mind I'd like to hold onto the reality of the best healthcare in the world versus being duped into the false portrayals of the system killing the Canadian economy and killing off Cubans who require only basic services to be brought back to health.