Best News Story Ever

Chilly

I thought they were gonna say they were in separate counties and never crossed the line on the porch. :oops:

Seriously, WTF was the point of that story?

I don't know, but I've never seen a story that is such a perfect reflection of the news media. :beer:

I don't know, but I've never seen a story that is such a perfect reflection of the news media. :oops:

Nope.

Yesiree folks, we still got some good old fashioned rednecks here in North Carolinee!

:beer:

I thought they were gonna say they were in separate counties and never crossed the line on the porch. :lol:

I'm not sure either. I kept waiting for them to say something about these two, but nothing. It was like a big joke with no punchline.

BTW, since those guy just sit on their porch all day, how do the rest of the you feel about having your taxes foot the bill for their cigarettes and beer?

I thought they were gonna say they were in separate counties and never crossed the line on the porch. :lol:

It's supposed to be a feel-good story about two brothers who harken back to a simpler time when people would wave hello and goodbye to those who passed through the town.

1-2-3-Awwwwwwwwww :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your first mistake was calling it a "news" story. It's a lifestyles-section bit called the "Tarheel Traveler," and was probably an 11:29 p.m. throwaway.

So, what do you call something that is part of the "local news broadcast" and "coverage you can count on"? Compare this to the rest of the news media's stories, is there a significant difference?

Perhaps james and john know a middle class white teenage girl that has been kidnapped?

Ah, the old missing white woman story. Throw in a car chase and a trench collapse (e.g. "Abduction of white woman results in high speed chase across three counties, ends when car drives into drainage trench, which collapses on it. Rescue workers rush to save...") and it's the perfect FoxNews story.

Ah, the old missing white woman story. Throw in a car chase and a trench collapse (e.g. "Abduction of white woman results in high speed chase across three counties, ends when car drives into drainage trench, which collapses on it. Rescue workers rush to save...") and it's the perfect FoxNews story.

You forgot to add a fire and a guy who has an illegal gun who shoots the bad guy. :lol:

The accident would have to have been caused by a drunk celeb on their way to rehab after breaking up with their american idol contestant ex-lover.

So, what do you call something that is part of the "local news broadcast" and "coverage you can count on"? Compare this to the rest of the news media's stories, is there a significant difference?

"Human interest". Yeah, it's bull sh--...so is most local news coverage.

Now, the "US unprepared for war because Army issued with bullets that are too small" story that came across AP last night...THAT was a lame-ass story posing as news.

"Human interest". Yeah, it's bull sh--...so is most local news coverage.

Now, the "US unprepared for war because Army issued with bullets that are too small" story that came across AP last night...THAT was a lame-ass story posing as news.

That was the response I was looking for. "Human interest" is considered "soft news", but still "news". Therefore, it is proper to call it a "news story".