You make the call ...

Lori

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proof that you're cool though your cool factor is tempered by posting at 1017 on a Friday night.

I take it your answer would be "both," then. That's the way I'm leaning. :lol:

Olean Times Herald: You ask ... and you shall learn

So. Something to be proud of, proof that I need to get a life, or both? Hmm. Maybe I should start a poll ...

There are certainly worse things to be known for, so I can't say "getting a life" should be on your priority list. I would hope we're all proud of our ability to follow the Bills to ridiculous lengths. :wub:

I wonder if Larsen has crushed a man's jaw with one punch. :lol:

:lol:

I guess the real question for Lori is...so whatever happened to Carwell Gardner :lol:

I started my next e-mail to him, "Now, about Carwell ..." but I was laughing too hard to finish the sentence. Truth is, I don't know. Think he was living in Baltimore at one point. Larsen was easy -- this was the third link from the top of a Google search: http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human...0&cat=boxer

:wub:

Perhaps he should be persuaded to give you your own byline. I have some friends...

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like they'll be hiring for sports in the near future.

One more thing, regarding the title of his column: I have asked, and learned, FAR more from Mr. Pollock than vice-versa. Would that every aspiring writer could find such a mentor ... and friend.

I started my next e-mail to him, "Now, about Carwell ..." but I was laughing too hard to finish the sentence. Truth is, I don't know. Think he was living in Baltimore at one point. Larsen was easy -- this was the third link from the top of a Google search: http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human...0&cat=boxer

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like they'll be hiring for sports in the near future.

One more thing, regarding the title of his column: I have asked, and learned, FAR more from Mr. Pollock than vice-versa. Would that every aspiring writer could find such a mentor ... and friend.

Well deserved LAMP imo. Quite frankly, you are the best poster on the board, again imo. I wish you luck as a writer.

She does some writing for a web site - including an excellent piece on Bruce Smith’s addition to the Wall of Fame - and knows more about the Bills than anybody I’ve ever known who is not paid to cover the team.

Haven't we been saying that for years? What took Chuck so long to realize it? :rolleyes:

Great job, as always, Lori. I am looking forward to seeing your article published by the PFRA.