Movie Picture blunders.

Pretty cool. There's 90 of them, enjoy.

Platoon"

1986 Best Picture

In one scene, some of the soldiers are listening to Merle Haggard's "Okie From Muskogee." It was 1967. "Okie From Muskogee" didn't come out until 1969

Gandhi"

1982 Best Picture

During a riot scene that was supposed to have taken place sometime between 1946 and 1948, the crowd burns a 1954 car.

http://wcbstv.com/slideshows/bloopers.inte....20.228730.html

Picky picky. :D

Well seeing they hire somebody to be responsible for those types of things it's not picky. Hollywood, what a bunch of maroons. :wallbash:

My favorite in the Deer Hunter when they go hunting in the mountains of PA and you see a huge mountain in the background....with a glacier on it. :lol:

Well seeing they hire somebody to be responsible for those types of things it's not picky. Hollywood, what a bunch of maroons. :D

My favorite in the Deer Hunter when they go hunting in the mountains of PA and you see a huge mountain in the background....with a glacier on it. :wallbash:

I'd say this one is pretty picky:

35 of 90 :

"Field Of Dreams"

1989 Best Picture Nominee

The character "Moonlight" Graham, portrayed in the film by Burt Lancaster, was a real person. In the film, he was born in Chisholm, Minn., made his only major league appearance in 1922 and died in 1972. The real "Moonlight" Graham was born in Fayetteville, N.C., made his only major league appearance in 1905, and died in 1965.

The location change goes along with the other towns better than NC does. The timeline change probably goes along with the location change, but also it makes Moonlight younger than Shoeless Joe and the other players.

If you go over to imdb you can find every blunder to every movie. As well as any Trivia regarding the flick. IMDB is one of the most addicting sites I've ever been on.

agreed :lol:

Check out the IMDB writeup on Oh Brother Where Art Though and you will really see the genius of the Cohn brothers

If you go over to imdb you can find every blunder to every movie. As well as any Trivia regarding the flick. IMDB is one of the most addicting sites I've ever been on.

Or try moviemistakes.com. You want to see some people nitpick a film to death, that's the place to go. IMDB has some of the mistakes, but moviemistakes.com buries IMDB in that aspect. Couple other nice features - allows you to vote on whether a posted mistake is an actual mistake or just BS, and also has categories for corrections, Easter Eggs and trivia.