Earthquake Lights? 30 Minutes Before China's Quake.

Earthquake Lights?

That video was shot 30 minutes before China's Earthquake;

Here's the writeup from the Coast to Coast website with a link to a story on the WSJ website.

Video: Earthquake Lights?

A video recorded on a cell phone captured luminous colorful clouds, reportedly 30 minutes before the earthquake in China struck on May 12, 2008. Is the footage, said to be shot in Tianshui, Gansu province, 450km northeast of the epicenter, an example of what people call "earthquake lights," seen before quakes? For a look at the development of early-warning systems, check out this article from the Wall St. Journal.

Other, more anecdotal evidence of a quake's approach, such as unexplained lights in the sky, migraines, strange animal behavior and water changes might be explained by Dr. Freund's electronic-charge theories.

"I believe he's onto something," said Nevin Bryant, head of cartographic applications at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif. "In all earthquakes where the weather has been kind to us, we see anomalous numbers" in satellite images of the earth, he said.

The earth-science division at NASA Ames Center, where Dr. Freund also works on his projects, agrees. "There's a sense that at least there's a strong plausibility in what Friedemann's proposing," said Steve Hipskind, director of the division. Dr. Freund acknowledges his theory needs refining and says it needs more scientific and financial support to get there. He hopes to raise as much as $200 million to launch more orbiting satellites to track changes at the earth's surface.

very interesting. So is HAARP. Tesla was a genius

That's a bunch of crap. Either there isn't enough aperture to create the focused beam to get sufficient energy to the ionosphere, the 180 antenna array is operating at a high frequency and creating grating lobes, or they are an order of magnitude less efficient than the stuff I work on. I've worked on large scale high powered phased arrays. One of them was used to target the satellite that was shot down a couple months ago. This is real, though. The array is in the reflector feed, btw.

That's a bunch of crap. Either there isn't enough aperture to create the focused beam to get sufficient energy to the ionosphere, the 180 antenna array is operating at a high frequency and creating grating lobes, or they are an order of magnitude less efficient than the stuff I work on. I've worked on large scale high powered phased arrays. One of them was used to target the satellite that was shot down a couple months ago. This is real, though. The array is in the reflector feed, btw.

It's only a theory. Those clouds are cool. There may be other explanations for them but the theory is interesting. I take it it's a theory you don't agree with.

It's only a theory. Those clouds are cool. There may be other explanations for them but the theory is interesting. I take it it's a theory you don't agree with.

I was talking about the HAARP stuff. I think it would take some new physical advances or new materials and much more than 3 GW of power. WRT the lights, I don't know what time of day it was, but it sure looked rainbow-like.

I can tell you know your stuff. From my background in photography I understand a little of your argument- but I still can't comprehend totally what you are stating. You obvious know what you are talking about. I need to research some of your claims to retort or accept.

Besides all that, do you find it possible that our country, or any other country manipulates the weather?

BTW - Tesla was a genius! A man way before his time. He has ties to the Buffalo area, doesn't he?

I can tell you know your stuff. From my background in photography I understand a little of your argument- but I still can't comprehend totally what you are stating. You obvious know what you are talking about. I need to research some of your claims to retort or accept.

Besides all that, do you find it possible that our country, or any other country manipulates the weather?

BTW - Tesla was a genius! A man way before his time. He has ties to the Buffalo area, doesn't he?

Here is an absolutely great website on basic antenna theory. Basically, you need a larger aperture area and/or a higher frequency (shorter wavelength) to narrow your beam.

I remember hearing back in the mid eighties a rumor that the Soviets were able to cause earthquakes by using the earth itself to deliver a localized resonant signal at a typical natural frequency of the structures in that area. I the Mexico City earthquake and the Armenian earthquake(I guess it was late 80s). While I doubt the truth of that now, I had no trouble believing the Soviets would try that at the time. Stuff on as grand a scale as that always gets leaked though if it is our government, though.

Tesla was genius enough that he has a unit name like Ohm, Henry (who has an Albany background), Faraday, etc...