Winslow not showing up for Cleveland's camp / not communicating

winslow and his agent rosenhaus made it clear they want a new contract before he reports. not only has he not shown to browns camp but he hasn't contacted the team either. methinks there's a good chance he won't be a brown next year because he will ask for an amount that would make it impossible to utilize rucker much. i think rucker is very talented and this will come thru in brown's offseason, making winslow and his demands expendable. menthinks that's why browns drafted a TE so high ... as a hedge against Winslow sitting.

Obvious question for Bills: since they didn't really address badly needed TE in offseason, do they make a play for Winslow? The guy is coming off a great year and he has cold weather experience.

If the price is right Bills have to strongly consider.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...p&type=lgns

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

winslow and his agent rosenhaus made it clear they want a new contract before he reports. not only has he not shown to browns camp but he hasn't contacted the team either. methinks there's a good chance he won't be a brown next year because he will ask for an amount that would make it impossible to utilize rucker much. i think rucker is very talented and this will come thru in brown's offseason, making winslow and his demands expendable. menthinks that's why browns drafted a TE so high ... as a hedge against Winslow sitting.

Obvious question for Bills: since they didn't really address badly needed TE in offseason, do they make a play for Winslow? The guy is coming off a great year and he has cold weather experience.

If the price is right Bills have to strongly consider.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...p&type=lgns

Good God No!

The guy fools around on his motorcycle and plays two games in his rookie season and misses the entire next season. He has a decent, but not great season after that and a very good one last year. IMO, he shouldn't be asking for a raise he should have been thinking about how much money he was going to give back to Cleveland at the end of his second year. If I were with the Browns I'd remind him he got paid for two seasons of non-activity due to incredible stupidity and we're not gonna do that again. If you sit this year you don't get paid this year.

I do not recall what his injury was from (motorcycle accident?), but if it is not a concern...the answer is plain and simple...

HELL YESSSSS!

I would LOVE to have this guy in a Buffalo Bills uniform, he would give us 1 of the Top-5 Tight Ends in the entire NFL. Look what he did for Derek Anderson, and imagine what he could do for Trent Edwards and Marshawn Lynch. A linebacker would have to drop into coverage, safeties would not be able to stack the box...our offense would be Top-10!

Character...blah blah blah! Good coaches and the "high character" players we DO have, would straighten him out.

Picture this...

QB - Trent Edwards

RB - Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Dwayne Wright, Xavier Omon

FB - Mike Viti/Darian Barnes

TE - KELLEN WINSLOW, Robert Royal, Derek Fine, Derek Schouman

WR - Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish, Steve Johnson

WR - James Hardy, Josh Reed, Justin Jenkins

LT - Jason Peters

LG - Derrick Dockey

C - Melvin Fowler

RG - Brad Butler

RT - Langston Walker

This is a VERY POWERFUL and EXPLOSIVE offense!

All depends on how much he would cost us!

Picture this...

QB - Trent Edwards

TE - KELLEN WINSLOW, Robert Royan, Derek Fine, Derek Schouman

LT - Jason Peters

LG - Derrick Dockey

C - Melvin Fowler

RG - Brad Butler

RT - Langston Walker

Don't know who this Royan is but he's got to be an upgrade over Robert Royal!!

I do not recall what his injury was from (motorcycle accident?), but if it is not a concern...the answer is plain and simple...

HELL YESSSSS!

I would LOVE to have this guy in a Buffalo Bills uniform, he would give us 1 of the Top-5 Tight Ends in the entire NFL. Look what he did for Derek Anderson, and imagine what he could do for Trent Edwards and Marshawn Lynch. A linebacker would have to drop into coverage, safeties would not be able to stack the box...our offense would be Top-10!

Character...blah blah blah! Good coaches and the "high character" players we DO have, would straighten him out.

Picture this...

QB - Trent Edwards

LT - Jason Peters

LG - Derrick Dockey

C - Melvin Fowler

RG - Brad Butler

RT - Langston Walker

Aaah, I see. You cleverly inserted Winslow's name onto the projected depth chart. Bravo.

HELL YESSSSS!

Picture this...

QB - Trent Edwards

LT - Jason Peters

LG - Derrick Dockey

C - Melvin Fowler

RG - Brad Butler

RT - Langston Walker

Have you ever heard an interview with Kellen the father? The son did not fall far from the branch. Both are just about the biggest a**wipes I have ever heard speak. I don't care how good Junior is (that is really debatable). The father gave new meaning to the term "locker room lawyer".

The son just acts like the ultimate "entitled athlete". He has the personality similar to another "son of a hall of famer", Barry Bonds (no, I don't need to hear "well, if he is as good as Barry....." that really isn't applicable.

He should go to Hollywood and play the pin-d*cked jock that bullies other students in coming of age films.

He really is that unlikable.

Have you ever heard an interview with Kellen the father? The son did not fall far from the branch. Both are just about the biggest a**wipes I have ever heard speak. I don't care how good Junior is (that is really debatable). The father gave new meaning to the term "locker room lawyer".

The son just acts like the ultimate "entitled athlete". He has the personality similar to another "son of a hall of famer", Barry Bonds (no, I don't need to hear "well, if he is as good as Barry....." that really isn't applicable.

He should go to Hollywood and play the pin-d*cked jock that bullies other students in coming of age films.

So do you think the Bills should or shouldn't pick him up? ;)

Could've stopped right there....that's all you need to hear.

I met Kellen Winslow Sr years ago at Walter Camp. I shared an elevator with him. His game against the Dolphins is probably the greatest performance by a TE

It's hard to even really discuss something like this. The Browns have no intention of trading him, so it is difficult to place a value on him.

Considering he was a top ten pick that has produced at a high level the last two years, I don't think Cleveland would entertain anything less than a first round pick, and it only starts there. On top of that, Winslow would need a new deal, placing him among the highest-paid (if not the highest-paid) tight ends.

All of those factors point to him in a Bills uniform being less likely than Ralph finding an immortality potient.

It is amazing how WINNING makes up for all the bad character.....

Randy Moss goes from a horrible Raiders team to NE and he becomes a Saint.

Bad Boy Dillon goes from a horrible Bengals team to NE and he becomes a saint

Even the Bills during their hay days ignored what Bruce Smith did outside the building...

If the Bills win this year, then the Pacmans and Mosses will flock.

It is amazing how WINNING makes up for all the bad character.....

Randy Moss goes from a horrible Raiders team to NE and he becomes a Saint.

Bad Boy Dillon goes from a horrible Bengals team to NE and he becomes a saint

Even the Bills during their hay days ignored what Bruce Smith did outside the building...

If the Bills win this year, then the Pacmans and Mosses will flock.

Moss and Dillon are saints? Why are you canonizing those punks? Pure hyperbole on your part