Idol Roundup

Just heard about this story, that David Cook's brother (not the one who was there last night) is battling a recurrence of brain cancer and came to one of his shows.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1585400/20080414/id_0.jhtml

Surprised the Idol PR machine didn't push this more. Maybe the Cooks asked them not to--sounds like the brother is in pretty rough shape.

Congratulations Cook, I am very glad he won tonight, he deserved it. Also, what a finale they put together, awesome show.

This was one of the best, if not the best season of American Idol, the talent was great from top-to-bottom. A definite step-up from last year's boring season.

To wrap it up fully here are a few more opinons I had about this season and it's contestants.

Worst Idea: Having 2 straight weeks of Beatles music. One was enough.

Worst Week: Dolly Parton. She's talented, but there were a lot of songs I did not know.

Best Week: Idols choose songs from year they were born. The week that Cook sang "Billie Jean", but Michael, Brooke, Carly, and Archuleta had very strong performances as well.

Idol We Hardly Knew: Amanda, she may not have won, but she was better than some of the other "lesser" talent.

Idols Booted Too Early: Carly & Michael, their duet was fantastic tonight, I really missed them. Michael was top 4 talent, and Carly was the best of all the female contestants.

Idols Who Stayed Too Long: Kristy, Jason, & Syesha. It was obvious that Kristy was a weaker contestant than the others from the get go. Jason was a one trick pony, who despite having a nice voice, just sang everything slowly. Syesha greatly overachieved, and showed limits in her up tempo singing.

Biggest Disappointment: Ramiele. Early on in the show, she looked like she could be in the top 5, but came off as very tentative, and never used that big voice she appeared to have.

In conclusion, there are two things I would like to see American Idol do.

1. Let the Top 12 contestants be the "Top 12 contestants", not the top 6 guys and girls. I hate the fact that they break it down this way. Who cares if you have more of one sex than the other. The people with the most talent should get through.

2. Please stop having the worst singer(s) on the finale show. They were horrid before and do not deserve any of our time. Why give them any legitimacy? American Idol should strictly promote the best, and only the best should be on stage. The worst get their tv time during the auditions, and that's enough.

Thats all. Let's see if American Idol 2009 can be just as good.

Totally agree with the back to back Beatles week, that was too much. I would have liked to see them do a Sinatra/crooner week or something instead. I have to say I agree with just about all your points except for the Amanda part. I thought she was borderline unbearable. If people say David A only has one style, what about her? She was brutal last night as well, i think she's really about 40. Glad to see David C win. He developed the most attitude wise as well as singing/performing from beginning to end.

I know this is not in regard to Idol but Dancing with the Stars, another gay show. But in my local paper's sports section there was a blurb about Jason Taylor possibly not re-signing with the Dolphins. Was accompanying photo Taylor slamming a QB to the ground? No, it as him in full ballroom attire and form. What the hell is up with that? The pussification of America continues. :D
Anyone who is located in "The Wine Cellar" is flamboyantly gay... Dancing With The Stars should be right "up your alley"! :wallbash:

Anyone who is located in "The Wine Cellar" is flamboyantly gay... Dancing With The Stars should be right "up your alley"! :D

Hanging out in the wine cellar and drinking wine is not gay. But watching glorified karaoke on TV is.

Say what you want about her, I'd rather have seen her more than Syesha, Ramiele, or Chikeze.
Alright, I'll give her some props... she did have some Taylor Hicks / Scott Savol-type entertainment potential. :D

Alright, I'll give her some props... she did have some Taylor Hicks / Scott Savol-type entertainment potential. :D

She definitely had her style, Janis Joplin and some louder rock and roll songs were really her only comfort zone. But imagine her trying to sing Neil Diamond? How about a show tune? Dolly Parton, yikes! Mariah Carey week would have been flat our embarrassing. She would have been better off on America's got talent, or some making the band type show. She just didn't have a chance in AI.