Lions Front Office

Not sure if this has been posted but thought this was funny. I'm pretty happy with the way the Bills treat their fans since the Donahoe era. I would not be pleased with this type of customer service...

FRANCHISE NOTES

Lions Dir of Premium Sales & Marketing Matt Schul inadvertently sent an e-mail to

Lions season-ticket holder Kevin Furlong about Furlong's "ordeal with the Lions ticket

office," which read, "F--- 'em until next year." Schul intended to send the e-mail to Lions

Assistant Dir of Ticket Sales Lance Powser after Furlong "felt compelled to cancel six

season tickets worth more than $5,000" for the '08 season. The Lions were "trying to

convince" Furlong to renew his tickets. In Michigan, Pat Caputo wrote the Lions "take

their support for granted," and to "believe there isn't a trickle-down effect from the top to

throughout the remainder of the organization would be naive." But Lions and Ford

Field Exec VP & COO Tom Lewand "vehemently disagreed with [Caputo's] contention."

Lewand said to Caputo, "If you write that, it will be factually incorrect and bordering on

slander. And I will come after you"

Not sure if this has been posted but thought this was funny. I'm pretty happy with the way the Bills treat their fans since the Donahoe era. I would not be pleased with this type of customer service...

FRANCHISE NOTES

Lions Dir of Premium Sales & Marketing Matt Schul inadvertently sent an e-mail to

Lions season-ticket holder Kevin Furlong about Furlong's "ordeal with the Lions ticket

office," which read, "F--- 'em until next year." Schul intended to send the e-mail to Lions

Assistant Dir of Ticket Sales Lance Powser after Furlong "felt compelled to cancel six

season tickets worth more than $5,000" for the '08 season. The Lions were "trying to

convince" Furlong to renew his tickets. In Michigan, Pat Caputo wrote the Lions "take

their support for granted," and to "believe there isn't a trickle-down effect from the top to

throughout the remainder of the organization would be naive." But Lions and Ford

Field Exec VP & COO Tom Lewand "vehemently disagreed with [Caputo's] contention."

Lewand said to Caputo, "If you write that, it will be factually incorrect and bordering on

slander. And I will come after you"

Prosecuting attorney; "Your honor the defendant detrimentally and unequivocally slandered the Lions with the comments he wrote about their organization and their treatment of the fans. This could have a detrimental affect on the perception of the Lions throughout the entire NFL."

Defense attorney; "Your honor I submit into evidence the Lions record for the past eight years and the fact that last year they gave Matt Millen a long term contract."

Jury Foreman; "Ummmm, your honor? Do we really have to leave to deliberate I'm sure we'll all find the defendant not guilty." (turns to other members of the jury who are shaking their heads in adamant agreement.)

Judge; "I don't see how any sane man or woman could find otherwise. I have no idea why this wasn't thrown out of court to begin with."

Prosecuting attorney to clients; "Look I tried to get this moved out of Detroit!"

Nothing more dangerous in a business environment than email. This kind of sh-- happens all the time. A few months back I was negotiating with a vendor for recruiting services and the sales rep's VP accidentally sent me (instead of the sales rep) an email detailing their negotiating stance and approved bottom price. Oops. :rolleyes:

Nothing more dangerous in a business environment than email. This kind of sh-- happens all the time. A few months back I was negotiating with a vendor for recruiting services and the sales rep's VP accidentally sent me (instead of the sales rep) an email detailing their negotiating stance and approved bottom price. Oops. :rolleyes:

Let me guess the negotiations were short. :rolleyes:

Nothing more dangerous in a business environment than email. This kind of sh-- happens all the time. A few months back I was negotiating with a vendor for recruiting services and the sales rep's VP accidentally sent me (instead of the sales rep) an email detailing their negotiating stance and approved bottom price. Oops. :)

In a previous life I worked for a $125M company which was negotiating a large sponsorship at a major tradeshow where the director of the trade show was a woman. The President was forwarded an email from his marketing person about the negotiation, and "replied to all" with something like "Fine, if they won't do what we're asking, we'll pull our sponsorship. That'll show that cnt." Of course, he didn't realize the cnt was cc'ed on the email. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In a previous life I worked for a $125M company which was negotiating a large sponsorship at a major tradeshow where the director of the trade show was a woman. The President was forwarded an email from his marketing person about the negotiation, and "replied to all" with something like "Fine, if they won't do what we're asking, we'll pull our sponsorship. That'll show that cnt." Of course, he didn't realize the cnt was cc'ed on the email. :lol: :lol:

Alas.....I have made this mistake in a previous job.....calling someone I was having a hard time dealing with a "yahoo"

Since that person didn't know what a "yahoo" was they didn't take offense.....:)

Have to be very careful with email

Nothing more dangerous in a business environment than email. This kind of sh-- happens all the time. A few months back I was negotiating with a vendor for recruiting services and the sales rep's VP accidentally sent me (instead of the sales rep) an email detailing their negotiating stance and approved bottom price. Oops. :lol:

I hate technology and im the 19 year old college kid. I see how easy it can make everything but i also see its bad side ^

office,"

WTF? I don't have Lion's season tickets....I swear.

I hate technology and im the 19 year old college kid. I see how easy it can make everything but i also see its bad side ^

Could not agree more. At work, email is the (monitored, Big Brother) DEVIL!

Outside of work, Myspace is its equivalent (especially for people in committed relationships). My friends who have girlfriends/wives, I tell them to avoid it like the plague as I do.