Day 2 OTA NOTES

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 11:43 AM ET | Link

MOORMAN, VITI ARRIVE: Punter Brian Moorman and fullback Mike Viti are practicing today after missing the first day of voluntary OTA workouts. Offensive tackle Jason Peters is not in attendance.

Quarterback J.P. Losman is not at practice today as he is handling an out of town conmitment. He is expected back some time next week.

--- Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 2:30 PM ET | Link

JAMES HAD A GOOD DAY: Day two of OTAs for the Bills and Will James made his presence felt. Currently working with the second unit at right cornerback James was decisive and effective in coverage. His best play made have been a lunging pass breakup to defend a comeback route. His veteran presence at corner will be valuable in light of the veterans that have departed the past couple of seasons (Clements, Thomas, Webster). ---

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 2:33 PM ET | Link

MCKELVIN'S FIRST TEAM REPS: With Leodis McKelvin getting first team reps at LCB while Terrence McGee operated under a reduced workload, it's obvious how quickly the Bills want to get their top pick's feet wet. And McKelvin did not disappoint. He fared pretty well with the first team defense. It seems the coaches are eager to see just how much he could help right away.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6090

I find it amusing Brown mentioned the departure of Webster as a veteran presence. The "presence" he provided consisted of training camp and the first quarter of the Bronco game; I sure hope the Bills can recover. :rolleyes:

with any luck, greer will quickly be demoted to the nickel spot where he's better suited.

As I've been saying since the Bills drfted McKelvin, it will be McGee losing the starting corner job -- not Greer. Note, it was McGee with the reduced role today. Greer really shined last year, IMHO, and McGee can be a great nickle back while also spending more of his energy on returning to the Pro Bowl as a kick returner.

As I've been saying since the Bills drfted McKelvin, it will be McGee losing the starting corner job -- not Greer. Note, it was McGee with the reduced role today. Greer really shined last year, IMHO, and McGee can be a great nickle back while also spending more of his energy on returning to the Pro Bowl as a kick returner.

For all we know, this may be the beginning of a McKelvin/James secondary.

For all we know, this may be the beginning of a McKelvin/James secondary.

I could deal with that if it made the team better, but I am pulling for Greer, who is younger than James, to earn that starting spot and really emerge as a star.

I find it amusing Brown mentioned the departure of Webster as a veteran presence. The "presence" he provided consisted of training camp and the first quarter of the Bronco game; I sure hope the Bills can recover. :)

:rolleyes: Well he was in the lockerroom on game days wasn't he?

I could deal with that if it made the team better, but I am pulling for Greer, who is younger than James, to earn that starting spot and really emerge as a star.

Ya gotta pull for Greer. He's a great story. :rolleyes:

Exactly,if you watched every game this year,you would know Greer is the better corner ,hands down. :rolleyes:

with any luck, greer will quickly be demoted to the nickel spot where he's better suited.

I like your statement but I would throw McGee to the nickel spot, Greer wasn't made to look nearly as bad as McGee was on many occasions last year.