Evans dogging it waiting for extension?

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6086

Wide receiver

Top wideout Lee Evans did not participate in team work, so Roscoe Parrish saw a lot of Evans' work on the outside. Evans insists he feels great and that avoiding team work is just a precautionary measure at this point.

"I'm just going to take it easy and just get as strong as possible for the season," said Evans.

There have been no reports on him being unavailable to practice so could he be dogging to save strength for extra effort at end of year like Peerless did first time so as to showcase skills for free agency? It would not be the first time a player in last year of contract dogged it while negotiations were ongoing.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6086

Wide receiver

Top wideout Lee Evans did not participate in team work, so Roscoe Parrish saw a lot of Evans' work on the outside. Evans insists he feels great and that avoiding team work is just a precautionary measure at this point.

"I'm just going to take it easy and just get as strong as possible for the season," said Evans.

There have been no reports on him being unavailable to practice so could he be dogging to save strength for extra effort at end of year like Peerless did first time so as to showcase skills for free agency? It would not be the first time a player in last year of contract dogged it while negotiations were ongoing.

He had shoulder surgery. Then again, it's possible that he's just terrified that if Trent calls for a shotgun formation, that Hardy is just going to detonate and kill someone.

He had shoulder surgery. Then again, it's possible that he's just terrified that if Trent calls for a shotgun formation, that Hardy is just going to detonate and kill someone.

:blink:

Or maybe a Stripes type feud?

Jauron: Black guys help the white guys.

Hardy: What did he say?

Trent: He said black guys...help the white guys.

:Hardy pulls gun:

Thanks. I heard from Chris Brown Evans had been participating in offseason workouts, then he got offer from Bills and now he is going to take it easy so it is natural to assume that it is related. Wonder why he did not get shoulder surgery earlier?

Thanks. I heard from Chris Brown Evans had been participating in offseason workouts, then he got offer from Bills and now he is going to take it easy so it is natural to assume that it is related. Wonder why he did not get shoulder surgery earlier?

From what I understand it was a shoulder "clean out" -- it's entirely possible he didn't know he needed to have it done until recently (and it's very minor surgery). But seriously -- there has been NO indication from Evans or his agent that Lee would pull any "dogging it" crap related to his contract status.

I'm tellin' ya, some people will look for ANY reason to negatively speculate.

From what I understand it was a shoulder "clean out" -- it's entirely possible he didn't know he needed to have it done until recently (and it's very minor surgery). But seriously -- there has been NO indication from Evans or his agent that Lee would pull any "dogging it" crap related to his contract status.

I'm tellin' ya, some people will look for ANY reason to negatively speculate.

I agree. If our star wideout wants to take it easy in the first OTA after a minor surgery, I see now problem with it. If he was skipping training camp, then we might have a problem. Everything is fine.