Oldest electronic item in your house...

Just Jack

I just bought a house and the crazy shut in lady who lived there left us two refridgerators and two washing machines, the older ones not working of course. I would say that both were bought shortly after the house was built in 1961.

Were they the old ones with the large drum and the wringers? My Grandmother had 2 of those old ones in her basement that she still used (and might still use them).

As for in my house, I still have an original Atari 2600 that still works, except for the controlers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 1961 Gretsch guitar. I bought it from a guy for $15.

I also have an Admiral "stereophonic" phonograph in a wooden console cabinet. It is basically a turntable, speakers and amplifier (with tubes). 95% of it is furniture. I'll bet the grandparents had some great bragging rights with that in the early 60's. I am working on it. So far the 16 and 33 1/3 rpm do not work but the 45 and 78 rpm speeds are ok! :rolleyes:

I have two other receiver/amp/eight track players to power two other turntables.

Sadly, I lost most of my LPs in a flood. I had a few hundred in mint condition (and a few hundred more that were very well used).

I have a 1961 Gretsch guitar. I bought it from a guy for $15.

I also have an Admiral "stereophonic" phonograph in a wooden console cabinet. It is basically a turntable, speakers and amplifier (with tubes). 95% of it is furniture. I'll bet the grandparents had some great bragging rights with that in the early 60's. I am working on it. So far the 16 and 33 1/3 rpm do not work but the 45 and 78 rpm speeds are ok! :rolleyes:

I have two other receiver/amp/eight track players to power two other turntables.

Sadly, I lost most of my LPs in a flood. I had a few hundred in mint condition (and a few hundred more that were very well used).

How did you manage to steal that guitar???

Before my parents split, my dad had alot of old electronics stuff, like a Radio/8-track/record player that still worked, plus a huge box of 8-tracks and records

Mine is a digital Bills alarm clock my mom gave me for Christmas a looooooooooooooooooong time ago.

How did you manage to steal that guitar???

Before my parents split, my dad had alot of old electronics stuff, like a Radio/8-track/record player that still worked, plus a huge box of 8-tracks and records

My aunt had an 8 track player and I always thought it was funny how when it had to change tracks the song would fade out and then there'd be a loud cha-ching and then the song would fade up again in mid song. :rolleyes: My aunt didn't find that annoying. :)

I have a commodore 64 sitting in my closet. I have no idea why I'm hanging on to it.

I'm actually writing this on a Commodore 64. I've never given mine up it works just as well as a giant wheel bicycle works compared to a bike today. :rolleyes: *

* For those who didn't get it I was kidding. :D

My aunt had an 8 track player and I always thought it was funny how when it had to change tracks the song would fade out and then there'd be a loud cha-ching and then the song would fade up again in mid song. :rolleyes: My aunt didn't find that annoying. :rolleyes:
I was board when afternoon when I was younger so I wanted to see if it actually worked and I put in a beatles 8-track. It was playing "Hey Jude, and Paperback Writter at the same time. I was scared to put any in because they were so old and barely used I figured they would just crumble to dust

Pong.

There's an original Pong in the basement of my Dad's house - I think he believes it's worth a lot of money ;)

Damn, no wonder the economy sucks. Some of you really need to get out there and spend your stimulus check.

I am typing this on a wireless laptop computer and have an MP3 player. Feel better? ;)

My parents first "electronic" purchase as a married couple... A GE tube AM/FM radio (in wooden cabinet... Has FM fine tuning and still works great! Mine is an Atari (Sears) 2600. Next would be my stereo (JVC 1987) and then my TV (GE 20" from 1991). Heck, my computer is from 1996 (NEC) and that is still going strong.

;)