Oldest electronic item in your house...

Just Jack

Watching Scrubs tonight and saw the

and started thinking about my alarm clock i have at home. I figure I've had it about 27 years now. I think it's the oldest electronic item I have in my house.

What's yours?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and started thinking about my alarm clock i have at home. I figure I've had it about 27 years now. I think it's the oldest electronic item I have in my house.

What's yours?

I too have had the same digital alarm clock, for 30 years. I got it when I was 13, for selling Buffalo Evening News subscriptions...still works great...although it grates badly on my girlsfriends nerves every morning!

What's yours?

My parents still use the electric toaster they got for a house warming gift in 1953. Still works fine, automatic up and down.

I have a black and white TV that I bought in 1979. It will work until next year.

I have a VIC-20 in the closet. I pulled it out several years ago and it still worked.

What's yours?

My alarm clock as well. GE digital with cassette from 1982. Not the oldest electronic item I have around, but remarkable because it's been in constant service for 26 years. I also have a toy laser gun from the 1970's that still works with the original 9 volt battery. They don't make things in China they way they used to make things in China.

I have a black and white TV that I bought in 1979. It will work until next year.

It'll still work -- just get a converter box. :blink: Check the consumer forum for the almost-free coupon.

I have an alarm clock from the late-80s...

What's yours?

I got a wind up alarm that predates the electronic age. Nicest gift cincy ever gave me.

I just bought a house and the crazy shut in lady who lived there left us two refridgerators and two washing machines, the older ones not working of course. I would say that both were bought shortly after the house was built in 1961.

Somewhere in the house I still have my first 13 inch TV I got for my 14th or 15th birthday. Still works as far as I know. A couple years ago my son was still using it for his video games.

Nope, nevermind.

We have a this thing called a "turntable" in our garage, that is from at least 1976. We got it at a yard sale for $5.00 and my son and I tried it out a couple weeks ago to see if we could still play these things called "albums" on it. Once I get a new "stylus" for it, I'll hook it up and use it again to play our "big CDs" on.

I still have a Marx electric train set that my parents got me back in the '60s. The original transformer still works. Also from the '60s is the old metal vibrating football game. From the early '80s are a duel cassette boom box and a Spider-man phone.