Evans offer close to $10 million a year?

Ouch:

Buffalo's popgun offense certainly hasn't helped Evans. The Bills ranked 30th in the league for the second consecutive year this past season, and haven't finished better than 25th on offense since Evans arrived.

But with the addition of rookie wide receiver James Hardy, Buffalo's second round pick, and the experience gained by running back Marshawn Lynch and quarterback Trent Edwards as rookies last year, Evans is optimistic the unit has nowhere to go but up.

"It can't get too much worse," he said after the Bills' first voluntary organized practice Monday.

Entirely true, but still ... ouch.

Ouch:

Entirely true, but still ... ouch.

I guess the road to recovery starts with recognition that there is a problem......He does also say that the O can be very good later in the story and has positive things to say about Hardy...

I take heart in the fact that maybe part of the reason the reins were seemingly on the O last year was to protect the depleted D and to let Trent get his feet wet. There were flashes against some really good defenses...the last quarter against the Skins; the first two drives against the Giants... The off-season when hope springs eternal...

NO. That is not what the offer was.

What the offer was and what he will command are two different things.

If the Bills offered $10 mil a year, we would be talking about a signing, not an offer.

$30 million guarenteed is very risky for someone who may have a fit when Losman is not re-signed and decide to not play hoping to be traded to be reunited with his boy. If Evans is interested in big paycheck he needs to be more professional rather than trying to direct coaching staff / front office. Those jobs pay far less than he is going to get in his next contract by the way.

$30 million guarenteed is very risky for someone who may have a fit when Losman is not re-signed and decide to not play hoping to be traded to be reunited with his boy. If Evans is interested in big paycheck he needs to be more professional rather than trying to direct coaching staff / front office. Those jobs pay far less than he is going to get in his next contract by the way.

Forget what he says. The Bills front office and coaching staff is under enormous pressure here. They've made moves to re-tool the team through the draft and free agency over the past 2 off-seasons. Nobody has a shed many tears over the guys that haven't been re-signed. However, Lee is a different animal. He's arguably the team's best player and is popular with the fans. The Bills are damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they don't sign him and he leaves, the fans will rebel. If they do sign him for money anywhere near that of Fitzgerald, the pressure is squarely on Jauron and the offensive coaches along with our boy Trent to make Lee a highly productive player. I don't think DJ and the rest of this crew can get it done on the field, but Brandon has to realize that this is a key player at a critical time for him and the organization.

There is always the Franchise tag next year.

Lee is a very good player. I have no problem with ANYTHING he has said to the media. I think it's fine when players show leadership and voice concerns that are prevalent throughout the locker room, to the media. I think the players want the fans to have some understanding about how the players feel, and look to the leaders to get the message out (and take the backlash). Lee's criticism's weren't that out of line, or expressed in an unprofessional way. To say "Shut up and let the front office and coaching staff take care of it" is ridiculous. They have been botching the job for over a decade.

Lee is great for the team, and would be a major star if he played for say, the Colts.

Hail Lee Evans!

Do you think Evans is stupid? Completely serious question...do you think he is a stupid person?

Nobody in Buffalo thinks Losman is the starting quarterback, and nobody in Buffalo thinks Losman is going to be re-signed. So if losing JP were too much for Evans to deal with to continue playing here, he'd have the foresight to not re-sign in the first place.

He's not going to sign a contract now and then flip a sh*t when they let Losman walk...at this point he can't possibly expect that Losman will be re-signed. Unless he's stupid.

If you have an upper eschelon reciever who is pretty good at staying healthy. SIGN HIM. Because when you have the other pieces but lack a great reciever it can drive a team to get desperate. Look at the Jaguars, they are so desperate for WR star power they signed Jerry Porter to a big deal this offseason, and traded for TROY WILLIAMSON. Oh yeah, they've also used two first round picks in the past four years on WRs and one on a TE.

LE made statements that he thought JPL got a raw deal at the time and it has nothing whatsoever to do with whether JPL is resigned or where he might end up, or for that matter what kind of contract extension might be offered.

Decide not to play after getting a huge contract so he can be reunited with his boy? Are you on drugs? You must think Lee Evans is... Has that ever happened in the history of the NFL?

Personally I think it was great that he stood up for JPL at the time. He shows that he's not about to sit on his hands and he stands up and says what he thinks. IMO he wasn't out of line or unprofessional. The Bills FO and coaching staff might have preferred that he didn't say that to the press, but outside of a discussion that they probably with him, warning how his remarks can be taken out of context, there were no repercussions.

I recently watched last year's Bengals game on NFLN. Evans absolutely dominated that game - he was uncoverable. He's just entering his prime, and he reminds me a lot of Marvin Harrison (but perhaps more explosive). Lock him up. If we don't, there will be 31 other teams fighting for his services.

I see you started back into the business of making sh-- up with nothing to support it again.

NO. That is not what the offer was.

What the offer was and what he will command are two different things.

If the Bills offered $10 mil a year, we would be talking about a signing, not an offer.

There are a lot more things to contract negotiations than just the money. They take some time.

Do you think Evans is stupid? Completely serious question...do you think he is a stupid person?

Nobody in Buffalo thinks Losman is the starting quarterback, and nobody in Buffalo thinks Losman is going to be re-signed. So if losing JP were too much for Evans to deal with to continue playing here, he'd have the foresight to not re-sign in the first place.

He's not going to sign a contract now and then flip a sh*t when they let Losman walk...at this point he can't possibly expect that Losman will be re-signed. Unless he's stupid.

Thank you I don't have to type that now. :rolleyes: I'm going to add that interpreting comments of loyalty to his QB as telling the FO what to do is ludicrous. I think he and JP know the writings on the wall. I think they both know that JP had his opportunity and failed. JP himself said the Jacksonville game was make or break for him and he broke. JP's time here was a comedy of errors but it wasn't really funny! He needs a fresh start and both of them know it.

Great receivers aren't a dime a dozen. When teams get a great one they keep them. If you notice in FA the receiver market is pretty slim. Evans has been with the Bills and knows the area and the team. He'll be here a long, long time. :rolleyes: