lots of good anonymous quotes from scouts here

Where is the stuff on the Bills?

There's a line in there about Hardy:

square_black.gif “I had a hard time placing the right value on (Bills second-round pick WR) James Hardy. I would think he would be best with a team where he does not have to make an immediate impact. He does not play on special teams.”

You must have missed it.

Caught that, did ya? :) How about the comment 2 spots after Losman was mentioned? :rolleyes:

Not sure that I agree with this one.

“(Niners QB) Alex Smith has had four coordinators in four years. If he stays healthy, he could have a great year. From a mental and athletic standpoint, he is as good as anyone out there.”

But, ya never know. :rolleyes:

“(Cardinals first-round pick CB) Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is tall, does not tackle, and he only has one kidney. That’s not a good combination.”

That's exactly what I thought before the draft.

I think Bill is referring to this passage;

“I would never draft a safety in the first round unless he were rare. Ronnie Lott came into the league as a corner. You could take the Kenny Easleys — the guys that scare you coming across the middle — the guys that change game plans. But there are not many safeties that make you do that.” :rolleyes:

I liked these quotes too.

“Bill Parcells demands loyalty out of his players, but he never gives it in return. Psychologists would go crazy with him. He’s got every explanation and reason why he has to leave jobs. Why leave Dallas? He was burned out. Why leave the Jets? He got burned out. I think he will quit in two years and blame it on the new owner and say, by the way, ‘Thanks for the $12 million.’ ”

“Is Parcells ever going to have a draft when he does not draft a Jimmy Sexton (Parcells' agent) client? At the end of the day, I think (Dolphins second-round pick DE) Phillip Merling is just a guy. He’s a solid run defender, but he is not special. He has an average motor. I was not enamored with him after meeting with him — he had sleepy eyes and looked like a typical Clemson kid.”

“Is (Chargers GM) A.J. Smith that much smarter than the rest of us? (CB) Antoine Cason in the first round? Giving up a second-round pick to move up for (RB) Jacob Hester? Maybe I need to get out of this business. I don’t get it. Both of those guys would have been there a round, if not two, later.”

“What were the Bears doing? I don’t know how you could pass on (OG-OT) Branden Albert for (OT) Chris Williams. And I’m not sure they realized how many times (RB) Matt Forté put the ball on the ground at Tulane. I was shocked they took both of those players where they did, but I’m not complaining. It just pushed more good players to us.” - I'm guessing that came from a KC person, they drafted Branden Albert

“Someone needs to show me the tape where (Texans first-round pick OT) Duane Brown plays like a first-rounder. It does not exist. We had him in the fifth round.”

The guy just called Parcells out for possible kickbacks. That is a serious accusation to just sort of la-di-da in a rumor column.

I ttook more of a "sexton-Parcells" get along kind of thing and Parcells knows a Sexton client will have no issue getting signed and in on time. I didn't take the away the kickback thing

Sort of related, but not an annonymous comment, former NFL scout, and current FOX Sports NFL analyst Chris Landry (who I think is the best in the business) said of Matt Ryan:

"I don't love him as a franchise QB, but, I can tell you, he is already a better NFL QB than Jamarcus Russell will ever be."

He said that in his draft analysis...I was stunned, he rarely makes comments like that. Only other high profile draft pick I have ever heard him have major doubts about, was Vince Young.

I ttook more of a "sexton-Parcells" get along kind of thing and Parcells knows a Sexton client will have no issue getting signed and in on time. I didn't take the away the kickback thing

He set it up with a comment about Parcells taking money then coming up with an excuse to bail out. Then he goes on to say that Sexton's client is nothing special and it is interesting how his clients always get taken by Parcells. This is as close to a flat out accusation as you are going to get. Even if it isn't a kickback, it is blowing the team's resources in order to give cash to a friend. The guy gets drafted in the 4th and he's making $1.5 over 4 years instead of $5 mil over 4. That's $350K for his buddy.

This goes on more than anyone knows. I personally found the Sabres situation interesting. The Sabres signed Tim Connolly to a 3 year $9 million deal while he was still recovering from his second major head trauma. Connolly went on to miss almost the entire next season. The exact same crew of Quinn and Regier wouldn't let Pat LaFontaine on the ice because he has two concussions in the span of two years and said it wasn't safe. They also went on to suspend Teppo Neuminnen after he needed heart surgery that was understood to eventually be needed, thus holding back his salary.

Why is this interesting? Larry Quinn went to Canisius High School and was friends with none other than Tim Connolly's Father. Hmmmnnnn???????

He set it up with a comment about Parcells taking money then coming up with an excuse to bail out. Then he goes on to say that Sexton's client is nothing special and it is interesting how his clients always get taken by Parcells. This is as close to a flat out accusation as you are going to get. Even if it isn't a kickback, it is blowing the team's resources in order to give cash to a friend. The guy gets drafted in the 4th and he's making $1.5 over 4 years instead of $5 mil over 4. That's $350K for his buddy.

This goes on more than anyone knows. I personally found the Sabres situation interesting. The Sabres signed Tim Connolly to a 3 year $9 million deal while he was still recovering from his second major head trauma. Connolly went on to miss almost the entire next season. The exact same crew of Quinn and Regier wouldn't let Pat LaFontaine on the ice because he has two concussions in the span of two years and said it wasn't safe. They also went on to suspend Teppo Neuminnen after he needed heart surgery that was understood to eventually be needed, thus holding back his salary.

Why is this interesting? Larry Quinn went to Canisius High School and was friends with none other than Tim Connolly's Father. Hmmmnnnn???????

It would be bad if there was a year or two Parcells didn't draft one of the guys players. If it's true that he's done so every year then it looks fishy.

Sort of related, but not an annonymous comment, former NFL scout, and current FOX Sports NFL analyst Chris Landry (who I think is the best in the business) said of Matt Ryan:

"I don't love him as a franchise QB, but, I can tell you, he is already a better NFL QB than Jamarcus Russell will ever be."

He said that in his draft analysis...I was stunned, he rarely makes comments like that. Only other high profile draft pick I have ever heard him have major doubts about, was Vince Young.

I'm just a little surprised that Atlanta got him signed so quickly. So in that regard, he's miles ahead of Russell.

I'm just a little surprised that Atlanta got him signed so quickly. So in that regard, he's miles ahead of Russell.

yeah- hard to understand when you throw more money at him than the #1 pick got why he would not hold out for a long time. :lol:

yeah- hard to understand when you throw more money at him than the #1 pick got why he would not hold out for a long time. :lol:

if you dislodge your head form your rectum, you'll see that it was only 2 million more guaranteed money, which is the only thing that matters. take into account that salaries increase each year, and Ryan's deal isnt too out of line. The total amount is a bit high, but not the guaranteed money.