School Grading Criteria

WWVaBeach

Does this make sense?

In the Va Beach Public School System there are NO F's. It's A, B, C, D, E. Can't call a kid a Failure I guess. And the criteria is alot tougher than when I was a kid growing up in Buffalo. Something like.. 100-94=A, 93-86=B, 85-80=C, 79-74=D, >73=E

What's the problem? Looks like they've just replaced the letter F with E...and made it tougher to get a passing grade....

What's the problem? Looks like they've just replaced the letter F with E...and made it tougher to get a passing grade....

I wasn't addressing what I typed, I was talking about the info in the website. What our local school system does is much more strict than what is proposed in the article. That I have no problem with.

Does this make sense?

In the Va Beach Public School System there are NO F's. It's A, B, C, D, E. Can't call a kid a Failure I guess. And the criteria is alot tougher than when I was a kid growing up in Buffalo. Something like.. 100-94=A, 93-86=B, 85-80=C, 79-74=D, >73=E

What, they don't just give everyone a gold star for doing their best? Don't they know that everyone's equal, and grades are discriminatory?

this "statistic" does not sit well with me.... :ph34r:

agreed. You can screw off, not study, or have trouble with class material and get a 60 and fail. Thats a lot different that the kid who gets a 15.

Ultimately, it comes down to the fact that the pussification of america is growing. Everyone's kid is special. Everyone's problems are someone else's fault.

this "statistic" does not sit well with me.... :blink:

Probably because the "statistic" is bull sh--. That "statistic" only makes sense if you learned math from Holcomb's Arm. You don't pick grades out of a hat. It's not a uniform, random distribution, but a function of the difficulty of the material and the effort you put in to learning it.