The Latest TSN Lists Five Rookies Who Weren't First Rounders

Bills Draft Picks And Their Value.  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which draft pick will be the best value for the Bills?

• Leodis McKelvin, CB, 11th
    • James Hardy, WR, 41st
    • Chris Ellis, DE, 72nd Pick
    • Reggie Corner, CB, 114th
    • Derek Fine, TE, 132nd
    • Alvin Bowen, LB, 147th
    • Xavier Omon, RB, 179th
    • Demetrius Bell, OT, 219th
    • Steve Johnson, WR, 224th
    • Kennard Cox, CB, 251st
  2. 2. Which Player Was The Worst Pick Based On Value?

• Leodis McKelvin, CB, 11th
    • James Hardy, WR, 41st
    • Chris Ellis, DE, 72nd
    • Reggie Corner, CB, 114th
    • Derek Fine, TE, 132nd
    • Alvin Bowen, LB, 147th
    • Xavier Omon, RB, 179th
    • Demetirius Bell, OT, 219th
    • Steve Johnson, WR, 224th
    • Kennard Cox, CB, 251st

The Poll Questions, just to clarify, are for the best value and worst value based on where they were picked.

TSN's after Rd. 1 rookie's making good impressions so far are;

Chilo Rachal, G, SF (Rd. 2) - Matt Forte, RB, Bears (Rd. 2) - Limas Sweed, WR, Steelers (RD. 2) - Jacob Hester, FB, Chargers (Rd. 3) - Derek Fine, TE, Bills (Rd.4)

They like Fine's speed, athletic ability and blocking. :unsure:

The reason I picked Chris Ellis for most disappointing is due to his shoulder injuries and his trouble against the run. I really didn't like that pick.

I picked Steve Johnson for best value due to his size and relatively short time in a big time college program. I think he is just scratching the surface of his abilities.

What I find interesting so far is that players are getting voted for best and worst. I guess people disagree. :unsure: If some of you would say why you picked the guys it would be interesting.

Johnson was an ungodly steal, and I still don't understand the Corner pick, but again, too early to determine, and I wasn't the one who was watching him.

I find the Corner pick mystifying. He wasn't invited to the combine and he was taken in the fourth round but I haven't seen a single draft analysis that mocks the Bills for taking him that early. I guess his combine invite was an oversight and a lot of teams had him rated highly. :unsure:

I find the Corner pick mystifying. He wasn't invited to the combine and he was taken in the fourth round but I haven't seen a single draft analysis that mocks the Bills for taking him that early. I guess his combine invite was an oversight and a lot of teams had him rated highly. :unsure:

Modrak was very happy Corner was not invited to the combine and felt he would of been selected much higher if he did attend. I really think Corner was a steal- and so does Mayock. I think a lot of teams had their eye on Corner-but we beat them to it

The question was best and worst. :unsure:

:blink::lol::wallbash: Do you realize how condescending rolling your eyes is? What is the problem? I think we got great value with every pick so how can I vote for worst value?

:unsure::blink::lol: Do you realize how condescending rolling your eyes is? What is the problem? I think we got great value with every pick so how can I vote for worst value?

I'm sorry, :wallbash: I didn't mean to be condescending. :unsure: Please forgive me. :nana:

:D

Do you think the Bills got exactly the same value with each pick? You don't think one pick was a better pick being taken where he was? You can make a case either way. You can defend other people's picks or pick them apart.

Do you think the Bills got exactly the same value with each pick? You don't think one pick was a better pick being taken where he was? You can make a case either way. You can defend other people's picks or pick them apart.

It is hard to say what is better value. Leodis should of gone in the top 8 and we are very lucky to have him slide to us at 11. But Corner might of gone in round 2- and we got him in round 4? What is better value? That is subjective. It is like Dorsey sliding to the Chefs at 5. Sure he only slid 4 slots maybe- but Dorsey at 5 is larceny. One could argue that is better value then drafting a second round talent in round five. It is all how you define value. And when I think all picks were great value- I have a hard time saying one selection is the worst value

You guys can call me crazy, but I actually think Corner will be starting for us someday.

I chose Bell for best value, I also think he will start for us someday. And Brown (its really Bowen) for worst value. Just way too many solid players left on the board to pick and undersized special teams player, IMO.

You guys can call me crazy, but I actually think Corner will be starting for us someday.

I chose Bell for best value, I also think he will start for us someday. And Brown (its really Bowen) for worst value. Just way too many solid players left on the board to pick and undersized special teams player, IMO.

I have no idea what you're talking about. It's always said Bowen. You need to learn to read. :unsure:

I was listening to the Preakness coverage while writing it. That's probably why. :blink:

Interestingly though, he's the least talked about draft pick. I wouldn't have messed up Corner, Johnson, Fine, Bell or Omon's name because they've been talked about a lot on this board but Bowen has flown under the radar it seems.

It is hard to say what is better value. Leodis should of gone in the top 8 and we are very lucky to have him slide to us at 11. But Corner might of gone in round 2- and we got him in round 4? What is better value? That is subjective. It is like Dorsey sliding to the Chefs at 5. Sure he only slid 4 slots maybe- but Dorsey at 5 is larceny. One could argue that is better value then drafting a second round talent in round five. It is all how you define value. And when I think all picks were great value- I have a hard time saying one selection is the worst value

I put Johnson as the biggest steal because I thought he should have gone in the fifth at latest. Scouts Inc. had him rated as a fifth rounder. While you can take that with a grain of salt they do know more about these prospects than most of us here.

I picked Ellis because with his injury history and an incident where he tried to incite a crowd against the police he wouldn't have even been on my draft board. I hope to hades I'm wrong but I don't think he'll be on the Bills roster 3 years from now.

This is a silly thread. Even just defining the word "value" in the context the draft is almost impossible. Much less determining how much of this value stuff that each player has earned the team. This is so subjective, that I do not understand why we try to analyze it.

This is a silly thread. Even just defining the word "value" in the context the draft is almost impossible. Much less determining how much of this value stuff that each player has earned the team. This is so subjective, that I do not understand why we try to analyze it.

We analyze everything else to do with football here down to players character and their workouts, their vacation plans, their OTA attendance, their families and yada, yada, yada... It's an offseason distraction.

I voted for Omon as the best value and Hardy as the worst and I hope I'm wrong about Hardy

The Bills need another RB so the opportunity is there and I think he takes advantage of it. Anything he provides is a bonus considering where he was drafted. Yeah he didnt play against top competition but you can clearly see he has talent and its not like he is one of these div II or III RBs that put up ridiculous numbers and is undersized, Omon claerly has the size to play in the NFL you just hope his game can translate to it.

I didnt like the McKelvin pick only because I just didnt want the Bills to take a CB with the 11th pick but I think he'll be a good player. I was against Hardy from the begining. I think he'll struggle with separation in the NFL and you add the off the field stuff and I wanted no part of him. Yes he can be a red zone target but the Bills need more then that. If they can ever run consistantly in the redzone their problems there will be solved. Like I said I hope Im wrong but I would have preferred Limas Sweed at that point.

Overall I think the Bills had an ok yet unspectacular draft. I didnt like the Reggie Corner pick but once you get to the 4th round I dont think it matters much when someone is selected, 4th round picks are not really that different from 6th round picks. I hope Ellis works out because the Bills need another DE, he comes from a good defensive school and has potential. I dont know if Fine is really any different then Schouman.

How is this "poll" relevant or able to be answered right now? Wasn't every draft pick debated ad nauseum following the draft?

Isn't there a James Hardy character assassination party going on somewhere?

I don't see how 31% of people can call Hardy the "best value" when 2 weeks after the draft he tries to kill his father.

The only thing I could see is if someone thinks every other player we drafted is going to be horrible and at least Hardy will get us some press. I think that is a stretch though.