maybe this is coming?

Throw in a line comparable to the electric company, and you may have something. What we have now isn't even close

Certainly we don't have great pulling guards like Reggie & Joe D, but Montler/Jarvis, Donnie Green & Foley were average, at best. IMO, we have upgrades with Dockery, Walker and Peters. Chandler and JD Hill provided much of the downfield blocking then.

As unoptimistic as I can be, I think we're very close to contending.

Certainly we don't have great pulling guards like Reggie & Joe D, but Montler/Jarvis, Donnie Green & Foley were average, at best. IMO, we have upgrades with Dockery, Walker and Peters. Chandler and JD Hill provided much of the downfield blocking then.

9 teams or so were 7 -9 or 8 - 8 last season. Many clubs are close to contending... :ph34r:

9 teams or so were 7 -9 or 8 - 8 last season. Many clubs are close to contending... :)

Ha! :blink: Touche!

I can't yet bring myself to completely buy into the offseason upgrades we desperately needed, but I'm more optimistic than I've been in 5 years. I DO expect a MUCH improved defense, which should earn a playoff berth in itself.

We are behind New England, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, San Diego and probably Houston. Denver may be within reach- depends on how strong their D-line is when they get back all the injured guys they drafted last year. I also don't think NY or Miami will be nearly as bad as last year- we realistically could split with both.

And why are the Bills behind Cleveland and Houston? Is it their superior coaching or superior front office? Because when the Jauron era started, the Bills were even with or ahead of those two franchises.

Throw in a line comparable to the electric company, and you may have something. What we have now isn't even close

This is actually a decent point. Everyone thinks that, because of their size, the Bills have some sort of smashmouth o-line. But so far, they've proven to be good passblockers and mediocre to poor runblockers. Maybe they just need another season together or a talent like Hardy on the field to complement Evans. (A good center would probably help. :blink: ) But the o-line needs to get much better at runblocking this season. Otherwise, for all that money we spent on them, they will be a bit of a disappointment. It's not like we're a warm-weather or dome team. We NEED to be able to run the ball.

I would add that Josh Reed is a fine downfield blocker and that Hardy on the outside will spread out the defense more.