maybe this is coming?

This approach might also help Edwards progress and become a more confident QB by taking some of the pressure off of him. This type of offense seems to suit Edwards as well and would justify the quarterback switch.*

* Please note that I don't want to create another quarterback debate, as there are about 500 threads on the topic, and simply want to talk about the possible effects such an offense could have on the team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

if so, it might explain why the bills FO liked Fine over the other TE´s. and while Viti wont break face-masks like owen schmitt, there can very well be some cracked ribs or blown-out knees. sure our o-line fits the description exept fowler. and beast-mode would fit nicely in. thoughts?

Nice article, thanks.

I think that would be a good fit (power football), but they have been basically saying that

for several years now, and still haven't seen it. You would think with the biggest O-line in the

league they would be better. Maybe Fairchild was gone at the end of the season anyway, and

Turk will get some better production. Can't be much worse?

power football only works with balance. It takes a very weak defense to not be able to stop the run consistently when they know its coming. Fairchild's big problem was that everybody in the stadium knew what was coming.

power football only works with balance. It takes a very weak defense to not be able to stop the run consistently when they know its coming. Fairchild's big problem was that everybody in the stadium knew what was coming.

That's the concensus around here, and I think it's true. My question has always been, how is it that DJ and his

staff were not able to correct this last year, or even address the issue?

Whose team is it? Why not just have coordinators and no HC? If your strategy is so inflexible and your staff is incapable of making game to game, or

even in-season adjustments, why bother?

Call me skeptical, but I'm hoping the Bills are finally going to start moving away from this "power run" offense to a more flexible and open attack.

Last year, they made it pretty clear they wanted to have a power offense with their playcalling. Fairchild didn't have the horses to run that kind of offense, but he insisted on continuing to call the plays as if he did...and that was one of his biggest problems. Its okay to be predictable if your blocking is THAT good- ours wasn't. And he was in denial, refusing to change the gameplan and spread the defense out. Our offensive line just isn't good enough to run that kind of attack.

Here's to hoping the Hardy pick means we're ready to become a bit more flexible with our approach.

Call me skeptical, but I'm hoping the Bills are finally going to start moving away from this "power run" offense to a more flexible and open attack.

Last year, they made it pretty clear they wanted to have a power offense with their playcalling. Fairchild didn't have the horses to run that kind of offense, but he insisted on continuing to call the plays as if he did...and that was one of his biggest problems. Its okay to be predictable if your blocking is THAT good- ours wasn't. And he was in denial, refusing to change the gameplan and spread the defense out. Our offensive line just isn't good enough to run that kind of attack.

Here's to hoping the Hardy pick means we're ready to become a bit more flexible with our approach.

With Hardy on the team, I expect them to come out with guns blazing. :unsure:

just don't get in the line of fire :blink:

That's the concensus around here, and I think it's true. My question has always been, how is it that DJ and his

staff were not able to correct this last year, or even address the issue?

Whose team is it? Why not just have coordinators and no HC? If your strategy is so inflexible and your staff is incapable of making game to game, or

even in-season adjustments, why bother?

Well, what is the other option when you have 2 young QB's with one WR to throw to and a rookie RB who hasn't learned to pass protect. Its a no-win situation

Well, what is the other option when you have 2 young QB's with one WR to throw to and a rookie RB who hasn't learned to pass protect. Its a no-win situation

Well, apparently the option is to replaced the offensive coordinator.

Two you QB's: So now JP (young?, 4 years in) is at fault for the running game also? I felt it was bad play calling.

Well, apparently the option is to replaced the offensive coordinator.

Two you QB's: So now JP (young?, THREE years in) is at fault for the running game also? I felt it was bad play calling.

Gee, lets turn this into another QB Debate. Our running game sucked, our passing game sucked- what brilliant calls would you make?

Gee, lets turn this into another QB Debate. Our running game sucked, our passing game sucked- what brilliant calls would you make?

WRONG: I made no mention or reference to QBs other than respond to yours. In fact this thread is basically

about the power running game.

You must also like revisionist history?

WRONG: I made no mention or reference to QBs other than respond to yours. In fact this thread is basically

about the power running game.

You must also like revisionist history?

We couldn't run the ball or throw the ball. There is no other option. Aside from Lee Evans, neither QB has anyone to throw to. Reed is a decent slot receiver and Parrish is a great punt return man, but we had nothing opposite Evans and no reliable red zone targets.

This allows the other team to stack the box to shut down the power running game and not worry about the pass threat- which isn't there.

We couldn't run the ball or throw the ball. There is no other option. Aside from Lee Evans, neither QB has anyone to throw to. Reed is a decent slot receiver and Parrish is a great punt return man, but we had nothing opposite Evans and no reliable red zone targets.

This allows the other team to stack the box to shut down the power running game and not worry about the pass threat- which isn't there.

I agree with everything you said.

I guess my issue is that I may hold Fairchild more or most responsible, but I don't guess we'll be seeing him in the

NFL again any time soon.

If D.J. whiffs again on O-coordinator, it should be his ass. His statement: playoffs or else?

I agree with everything you said.

I guess my issue is that I may hold Fairchild more or most responsible, but I don't guess we'll be seeing him in the

NFL again any time soon.

If D.J. whiffs again on O-coordinator, it should be his ass. His statement: playoffs or else?

Honestly, I don't see us making playoffs. I see us improving, but we are putting a lot on Edwards at this stage of his career, and expecting a lot out of a rookie WR. Our defensive line is improved, but not as significantly as people want to believe.

There are too many good teams ahead of us at this stage to expect playoffs. And I don't agree with playoffs or else. Jauron has done well with what he has had to work with, but I don't expect him to make chicken salad out of chicken %#%^

We are behind New England, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, San Diego and probably Houston. Denver may be within reach- depends on how strong their D-line is when they get back all the injured guys they drafted last year. I also don't think NY or Miami will be nearly as bad as last year- we realistically could split with both.

When you look at coaching, look at the fact that all of our players flowed to the ball well and played well despite all the injuries, and against teams we can't realistically beat. Our coaches put the scrubs into the best possible position to make plays- they just didn't make them.

I don't think Fairchild did a great job, but I don't think anyone could have.

Could be wishful thinking on my part, but I see a strong comparison to the '73 team. A complete focus on the run guided by an accurate rookie QB. The difference was Fergy had Hill, Seymour, and Chandler.

We're getting there.

North-east weather just isn't conducive to heavy passing attacks.

Could be wishful thinking on my part, but I see a strong comparison to the '73 team. A complete focus on the run guided by an accurate rookie QB. The difference was Fergy had Hill, Seymour, and Chandler.

We're getting there.

True. It is great to have one, but most of the cold weather championship teams that I can remember focused on a physical game, as opposed to the 49ers, etc.

We're getting there.

Throw in a line comparable to the electric company, and you may have something. What we have now isn't even close

Honestly, I don't see us making playoffs. I see us improving, but we are putting a lot on Edwards at this stage of his career, and expecting a lot out of a rookie WR. Our defensive line is improved, but not as significantly as people want to believe.

There are too many good teams ahead of us at this stage to expect playoffs. And I don't agree with playoffs or else. Jauron has done well with what he has had to work with, but I don't expect him to make chicken salad out of chicken %#%^

We are behind New England, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, San Diego and probably Houston. Denver may be within reach- depends on how strong their D-line is when they get back all the injured guys they drafted last year. I also don't think NY or Miami will be nearly as bad as last year- we realistically could split with both.

When you look at coaching, look at the fact that all of our players flowed to the ball well and played well despite all the injuries, and against teams we can't realistically beat. Our coaches put the scrubs into the best possible position to make plays- they just didn't make them.

I don't think Fairchild did a great job, but I don't think anyone could have.

I agree with your viewpoint; however I think our schedule on paper is much easier than a few teams you mentioned ahead of us which could allow us to sneak in if we can put 10 wins together. We havent done anything on the field to warrant us being ahead of said teams; but I think the sentiment in the locker room will be playoffs or bust. I just hope that they dont press too much, whereas the last 2 years they had zero expectations and played with a somewhat 'free' attitude.

Also - it was quite obvious listening to press conferences of Lee, JP, Roscoe, Josh Reed last year that they all HATED fairchild's playcalling. I believe it was Josh Reed who basically called him out for being completely predictable.