24 fans - mark November 23rd on your calendar

Just Jack

24 Clocks Back In November 23 with "Prequel"

Oh yeah — 24! Fox has set a Nov. 23 air date for the two-hour movie that will bridge the gap between Days 6 and 7. Filmed partially on location in South Africa, the "prequel" finds Jack Bauer battling an international crisis (yea!), while back home, the United States prepares to inaugurate a new president.

rest of the article at the link above

Oh yeah — 24! Fox has set a Nov. 23 air date for the two-hour movie that will bridge the gap between Days 6 and 7. Filmed partially on location in South Africa, the "prequel" finds Jack Bauer battling an international crisis (yea!), while back home, the United States prepares to inaugurate a new president.

...There is a god!!! I'm probably going to watch some vintage Jack later just to get my fix that I have been desperately wanting.

Yes!! One of only two dramas I'll actually watch these days. The other, of course, is "Lost".

Same here...except '24' is the only one i watch. I can't wait to see this!

I'll be Debbie Downer here.

So let me get this straight, they are taking the footage they shot pre-writer's strike and making it a "two hour movie"?

They filmed this "movie" months ago before the show shut down. They wrote and filmed these two hours with the intention of it being the first two hours of a 24 hour season -- NOT as an independent story. Suddenly, the WGA strike shuts down production, but not until they have invested time and money into 2 episodes of the show. So rather than lose it entirely, they piece together an entire story from this footage? Does that ring any alarm bells with anyone else?

Any fan of the show knows the first 4 hours of every season sets up a MASSIVE story (20 hours worth!). So how is it going to work if the footage they're using is 2 hours of a 4 hour premier of a season long story? Let me guess, they did some reshoots and tacked on an "ending"? Yikes!

Imagine the bookends they tacked on -- especially because those 2 hours were shot "in real time". So does that mean it's going to be paced in real time for a portion of the movie, then suddenly break out of that mold to accomodate the new ending or beginning? Or will they just leave it all in real time and then do a cheesy: "THREE MONTHS LATER" and show Jack on some beach playing volleyball with the bad guy's skull?

I love this show. But I have a feeling this is going to be total filler and an utterly craptastic story.

Where did you get that they're going to make this out of the first 2 hours filmed before the strike? I don't see that in the article at all. In fact, if you read this link that was mentioned in that article, it says that they are currently looking for actors to take part in the filming of the 2 hour movie.

• 5 months later...