Demetrious Bell

He has the average 7th round OL's chance of success.

I'de imagine they keep him at tackle and groom him to replace Walker. He's a LOT more athletic than the average 7th round O-lineman, just very, very raw. Give him a couple years on the PS, and hope it works out. :blink:

This guy did like 10 reps on the bench, he is going to get killed for a few years no matter what position he plays until he builds some even adequate strength. If Carl Malone wasn't his dad I doubt anyone would even be talking about him.

Yesterday on Movin the Chains with Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan (Sirius NFL Radio), they noted that he only did 10 reps at the combine. Not what you want to see at a OL. Suggestion was made to put him on PS, get him on a strength training plan during the season, and then see what happens next year. No commentary about moving him to another position.

I'd say HGH is his only chance!!! :blink: Seriously though, I know someone is gonna come with the "he has unusually long arms" claim even though they've never seen the guy play as a strength excuse, but he is YEARS away. Being so athletic he could maybe survive against some super-light speed rushers at first but all the big 3-4 ends would absolutely demolish the guy should he see the field anytime in the next couple of years.

This guy did like 10 reps on the bench, he is going to get killed for a few years no matter what position he plays until he builds some even adequate strength. If Carl Malone wasn't his dad I doubt anyone would even be talking about him.

I know, that really worries me too..........take it from somebody who has long arms it does affect your bench press, but I'm 170 lbs and I can bench 225 more than 10 times. He's very athletic but IMHO he's going to need at least a solid 1-2 years in the weight room before he'll really be able to be an effective NFL lineman. He's definetly suited to play Tackle IMHO.

This guy did like 10 reps on the bench, he is going to get killed for a few years no matter what position he plays until he builds some even adequate strength.

Plus, aint he 6'7"? Trent would have to stand on a step stool to take a direct snap.

What we need is a bulldozer in the middle. I want somebody with some functional strength and POWER who can hang with the likes of the bigger NTs in our division like Wilfork and Jenkins. Seems like we always have finesse interior lineman (Preston, Fowler) or guys with horrible technique (Bennie Anderson).

Awesome size to strength ratio StLouis if you bench 225 more than 10 times at 170 with long arms! Good job man. I got the dreaded long arms too and my best at 210 lbs was 17 reps with 225. I'm 225 right now (coincidently) down from 238 :rolleyes: and on my way back to 210 or less!!! :blink:

Yeah, a center with pure power and good technique has been a wish of mine for a while now Stl Bills. Unfortunately, the draft didn't have one and the only guy in free agency (Jeff Faine) went to Tampa Bay.

Awesome size to strength ratio StLouis if you bench 225 more than 10 times at 170 with long arms! Good job man. I got the dreaded long arms too and my best at 210 lbs was 17 reps with 225. I'm 225 right now (coincidently) down from 238 :rolleyes: and on my way back to 210 or less!!! :blink:

Thanks, the goal for this summer is twice my body weight.......gotta bout another 25 lbs to go to reach that goal but in addition to lifting I also compete in triathalons and half marathons (training for the full NY Maratathon next fall). Its been a lot harder to add strength since I've been doing so much cardio.

He has the average 7th round OL's chance of success.

Given time to groom more of the late round OL's than you probably think can become better than average.

http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/m...ack_alex03.html I hope that this guy is our first rounder next year. That would solve the problem at C.

Leave Bell at T, and let him stay on the PS untill he's ready.

Alex Mack

Player Profile

Class:

Senior

Hometown:

Santa Barbara

High School:

San Marcos HS

Height / Weight:

6-5 / 316

Position:

OL