Lost amongst the discussion on the lack of a SB tape...

I don't seem to hear it mentioned much on the air; but, without the benefit of videotaped signals the supposedly 'greatest offensive juggernaut' of all time, with the 'smartest' coach, and the most 'clutch' quarteback of all time could not win the biggest game of all time.

Maybe the tapes did help afterall :rolleyes:

Anybody know when Spector is speaking?

The latest excuses I've heard are "well the players still have to execute the illegally obtained information," which now makes me realize that Bonds truly isn't guilty, since he had to hit the ball, and "well, teams should have changed their signals after the games," which now gives me the right to rob my neighbor after making a copy of his front door key, because he didn't change his lock. What is this country coming to? :blink:

I don't seem to hear it mentioned much on the air; but, without the benefit of videotaped signals the supposedly 'greatest offensive juggernaut' of all time, with the 'smartest' coach, and the most 'clutch' quarteback of all time could not win the biggest game of all time.

Maybe the tapes did help afterall :blink:

I mentioned this during the game. The guy looked like he thought he had the answers to the final exam, only to realize once it started that he had the one's for a different test. I've never seen a guy so befuddled, to the point the anouncers said he had completely abandoned his defense during a couple drives becasue he had to huddle with his offensive coaches.

You see it. I see it. Millions of others see it. Not sure why some are still grasping to this lack of evidence nonsense. The guy should be banned from the NFL.

Maybe the tapes did help afterall :blink:

Of course they helped. I was struck by how the tapes were edited. Down/distance, coaches signal, endzone shot showing gaps, alignment, personnel groupings, blitz responsibility, etc. A coaching GOLD mine that CAN be used to make second half adjustments DURING a game and most certainly later in the season.

Of course the argument that players have to execute what the coaches give them is true. And the Patriots* have the talent on offense to do that certainly, especially at QB. But if it's the coaches responsibility to put the players in the best position to succeed, these tapes MORE than help accomplish that coaching task.

That or Bellyache did all that taping and warned Walsh not to get caught because he KNEW it didn't help one way or the other.

GO BILLS!!!

good perspective from Scouts, Inc. on the perceived competitive advantage of taping signals

What these tapes gave the Patriots was the ability to chart tendencies in a shorter time. They'd have answers in front of them that it would normally take countless hours of watching game tape. They'd know if a blitz was coming. They could prepare the team to ignore what they see presnap and instead trust the tendencies taught to them. For example, it is a huge advantage for the Patriots' offense to know when the defense is trying to disguise its schemes. If Brady knows when the defense is trying to bait him with a disguise, but doesn't fall for it, that gives New England a huge advantage, obviously. For example, if a team shows two safeties deep, the inclination is to check out of a pass play into a run play. But maybe the Patriots don't do that. Instead, through use of these tapes, the Patriots know that one safety is coming up to the line at the last second, and their pass play is going to result in a big gain.

The cheaters didn't tape the Giants, so they didn't know what to expect. But the other teams in the AFC struggled with the Pats during that time. Remember what Flutie said, he heard the play in his backup headset. The Pats couldn't win the big one, cause they didn't know the play calling. Screw bellyache. I hope everyone puts the hurt on Brady this year, especially the Bills. :thumbsup: