NASA To Make Big Announcement On May 14th 1PM

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But what has NASA done for us lately?

Still waiting on the Universal Communicator and the Protective Force Field.....

According to Star Trek Kirk will invent heavy duty toilet paper. It'll be so good it'll keep Klingon's off Uranus.

My friend had a job programming missle guidance systems. He had a t-shirt with a submarine, the shore and a nuclear blast on it. It said "24 empty missle silos, a mushroom cloud and now it's Miller Time!" :unsure::blink::lol:

My friend had a job programming missle guidance systems. He had a t-shirt with a submarine, the shore and a nuclear blast on it. It said "24 empty missle silos, a mushroom cloud and now it's Miller Time!" :ph34r::sick::P

As a marketing strategy to sell beer, I'd give that a D minus.

dark matter and dark energy are fascinating stuff. From my very rudimentary understanding, dark matter is the scaffolding that holds the universe together and is at war with dark energy. Dark energy is winning because the universe expansion is speeding up. Fascinating, mind blowing stuff. A Brief History of Time is the best book I have ever read

dark matter and dark energy are fascinating stuff. From my very rudimentary understanding, dark matter is the scaffolding that holds the universe together and is at war with dark energy. Dark energy is winning because the universe expansion is speeding up. Fascinating, mind blowing stuff. A Brief History of Time is the best book I have ever read

What blows my mind is asking what's beyond the universe, i.e. the areas into which it's expanding. The only explanation is that the universe is all that there is and there IS nothing beyond it.

What blows my mind is asking what's beyond the universe, i.e. the areas into which it's expanding. The only explanation is that the universe is all that there is and there IS nothing beyond it.

that is truly mindblowing. Perhaps our universe is atom sized compared to a much larger world. What will happen when dark energy wins? Will the universe rip? Explode? Deflate? I think about this stuff all the time and have thousands of questions..

that is truly mindblowing. Perhaps our universe is atom sized compared to a much larger world. What will happen when dark energy wins? Will the universe rip? Explode? Deflate? I think about this stuff all the time and have thousands of questions..

What I find fascinating is the possibility of alternate universe's. That's mind blowing! :lol:

There are universe's around us that we can't see? :lol:

What I find fascinating is the possibility of alternate universe's. That's mind blowing! :lol:

There are universe's around us that we can't see? :lol:

My basic question is how anything first come into existence ? Imagine, everything came from nothing. Who, what, how ? :)

My basic question is how anything first come into existence ? Imagine, everything came from nothing. Who, what, how ? :lol:

read A Brief History of Time. The Elegant Universe is another great program on PBS that explains some theorys. Before the Big Bang, the entire universe was confined to an area smaller then an atom, and it weighed infinite pounds and contained infinite energy. Some speculate that the Big Bang happens over and over, and reshuffles the universe every billion years or so. Of course this is all conjecture, but all quantum physics is based on conjecture

BTW I have read lots on this, but it is above me. I am just fascinated by it all. I am sure others here can do a much better job explaining what I am trying to say