Are Bills Fine at Tight End?

Team Hopes for a Fine Find

Fine-Tuning of New Role Is Rookie Tight End's Focus

Buffalo Just Fine for Tight End

Army Fullback "At Ease" On Playing Field

Bills Take the Corner Cornered

Bills Turn Corner at Draft

Hard Times Have Hardened Hardy

And of course, today there's the article about how Reich Has "Faith" He'll Get NFL Job.

Please, the corny-ness has got to stop. Thank you.

Just recently, we've seen...

And of course, today there's the article about how Reich Has "Faith" He'll Get NFL Job.

Yes, Shuck the corny ear-full of puns. ;)

Gringo Starr to Sportswriters: Drum down the puns - Reading them don't come easy

Boooo. ;)

Gringo, Chevy probably knows more about this than I do, but many writers don't get final say in the headline. You might want to aim your wrath at the sports editors, some of whom apparently think they work for the New York Post.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'd LOVE to be a headline writer for the Post ...)

Just recently, we've seen...

I'm surprised there wasn't a headline for the recent rookie mini-camp when the new players got to meet the coach. It would go something like:

"New Recruits Don't Know Dick".

I'm surprised there wasn't a headline for the recent rookie mini-camp when the new players got to meet the coach. It would go something like:

"New Recruits Don't Know Dick".

Buffalo Coach Says Jauron-imo As Bills Leap Into New Season

;) sorry :ph34r:

As an advertising copywriter, I would be out of a job quickly if all I wrote were punny headlines. At least at place that wasn't full of hacks.

Puns are the lowest rung on the joke ladder IMO. Newspaper editors write them (I assume) because they don't know any better, there's a precedent...plus they don't have the time/talent to construct good headlines.

Boooo. ;)

Gringo, Chevy probably knows more about this than I do, but many writers don't get final say in the headline. You might want to aim your wrath at the sports editors, some of whom apparently think they work for the New York Post.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'd LOVE to be a headline writer for the Post ...)

You're right Lori. Almost all headlines are written by copy editors not columnists.

Btw,

I love a good pun - the cornier the better!

Common people! Nobody else is shocked that Beast Mode makes a living with the written word? ;)

Yeah, I though about that. But it's only advertising, so he really doesn't have to write full sentences or anything. It's pretty much short phrases of about 4-5 words. Like…

Amazing New Flavor!

New Look Same Great Taste

May Cause Genital Dysfunction

Razzle Dazzle Whoop-De-Dooo!

…stuff like that.

:ph34r: (just kidding)

Common people! Nobody else is shocked that Beast Mode makes a living with the written word? :P

What, do I come across as a pleeb or something?

If you want I could send you my portfolio lest you think I am full of crapola. I am sorry I have not reached the lofty expectations of Beerball the Great. Please accept my humble apologies. I will try and step up my game from here on out. :ph34r:

Yes people pay me decent money to write. It's a good thing they're not paying me by the word, as they may rethink my salary ;)

Amazing New Flavor!

New Look Same Great Taste

May Cause Genital Dysfunction

Razzle Dazzle Whoop-De-Dooo!

…stuff like that.

If I had to write garbage like that, I think I'd put my head through a wall. Then again, clients often turn my words into garbage anyways...

What, do I come across as a pleeb or something?

If you want I could send you my portfolio lest you think I am full of crapola. I am sorry I have not reached the lofty expectations of Beerball the Great. Please accept my humble apologies. I will try and step up my game from here on out. :ph34r:

Yes people pay me decent money to write. It's a good thing they're not paying me by the word, as they may rethink my salary ;)

I hope you know I were kidding.