Quick Favor to Ask the Board

plenzmd1

So, I have a couple of movies on VHS i would like to copy onto a DVD as I no longer have a working VCR. I do not have a DVD recorder, and really do not want to buy one for this one quick job.

But I guess the issue there is you need some equipment to let you copy the commercial VHS. I only want these for my use, so nothing illegal. But one movie in particular I want has never come out on DVD, and it is one of my favorite movies. Any body have a set up like that that can help a fellow board member out?

So, I have a couple of movies on VHS i would like to copy onto a DVD as I no longer have a working VCR. I do not have a DVD recorder, and really do not want to buy one for this one quick job.

But I guess the issue there is you need some equipment to let you copy the commercial VHS. I only want these for my use, so nothing illegal. But one movie in particular I want has never come out on DVD, and it is one of my favorite movies. Any body have a set up like that that can help a fellow board member out?

We have a VHS/DVD recorder. It sometimes seems to have a mind of its own, but that's usually when recording from the TV to DVD. I've never had any problems recording from VHS to DVD w/ it.

demonoid or mininova are your freind :wallbash:

What is the movie ?

If it is on a premium channel, someone could record it to DVD for you.

Its a movie called "The Earthling". Ricky Shroeder and Willaim Holden are in it. It was Holdens last movie, made in 1980. Beautiful photography, good story, time for my kiddies to watch it.

While I do have HBO, that is it as far as premium channels. But I have had the dam thing on my TIVO wish list for at least 6 years, and it has never recorded. Its a great movie, just never got any play for some reason.

R.Rich

We have a VHS/DVD recorder. It sometimes seems to have a mind of its own, but that's usually when recording from the TV to DVD. I've never had any problems recording from VHS to DVD w/ it.

Have you recorded from commercial VHS, or just home movies?

pooj

demonoid or mininova are your freind

is this some kind of technology that blocks the copyright protection?

THX for all the replies. R.Rich if you have had success with the commercial VHS, may be hitta ya up for a favor :wallbash:

Please turn in your man card at the door on your way out. Thank you.

Dude, this is an awesome movie. I mean show me a tougher SOB than William Holden :wallbash:

I mean the SOB was dying with lung cancer when they shot this movie, and the plot kinda dovetails with that