NCAA crackdown!

KD in CA

Seventeen Division I-A football programs face penalties for failing to graduate enough players, the NCAA announced Tuesday with the release of its Academic Progress Rates.

Wow, look at all the powerhouse programs on that list! Kinda reminds me of MLB 'cracking down' on steroids by banning some 3d string catcher or middle reliever.

Here's a list of the 17 Division I-A football programs that were hit with scholarship sanctions. The typical limit is 85.

Akron: Limit of 80 next year

Buffalo: 83

Central Michigan: 83

FAU: 82

FIU: 82

Hawaii: 84

Idaho: 77

Kansas: 83

New Mexico State: 82

North Texas: 80

San Diego State: 79

San Jose State: 67

Temple: 81

Toledo: 79

UAB: 76

UNLV: 84

Washington State: 77

Well, given that APR isn't exactly subjective, its kind of hard to say they were just focusing on small schools.

Or maybe the the small schools don't have the funds to create entire depts. for 'sports management' and other 'majors' that allow illiterates to graduate.

Or maybe the the small schools don't have the funds to create entire depts. for 'sports management' and other 'majors' that allow illiterates to graduate.

It doesn't take many resources to create a few classes and a major - lots of small schools do it, hence the few schools on the list.

It doesn't take many resources to create a few classes and a major - lots of small schools do it, hence the few schools on the list.

Yeah, ok. Big football schools don't spend a ton of money processing the athletes through the academic side. I'm sure Vince was studying hard during finals week. :wallbash:

Yeah, ok. Big football schools don't spend a ton of money processing the athletes through the academic side. I'm sure Vince was studying hard during finals week. :wallbash:

Course he wasn't, but do you really think it costs that much money to push a player through an academic program? Here at UT, the football players are typically in the same classes as everyone else - the difference, of course, being that football players are essentially assured of passing those classes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.