NFL Jersey Display Cases

Has anyone ever bought a display case for an NFL jersey online? There is a wide range of styles and costs out there, few (if any) reviews available on quality, and I prefer not to spend a bunch of dough shipping something back and forth.

If you have bought one, what are the features I should look for and expect?

I've had my Gary Marangi for a long time and finally want to display it proudly, so I hope there can be some good feedback here.

Mods, if you can leave this hear before shipping it off to Consumer, I'd appreciate it.

I have never bought one online. I get mine custom framed. Find a decent memorabilia store and talk to them about custom framing for the jersey. I have found that I can usually get a good quality frame for the same cost as I would pay in a store (for the same quality frame). That, and I do not have to worry about mounting it myself. With the custom framing, I can usually get a custom engraved nameplate at no extra cost.

All of my cases (jerseys, footballs, helmets, etc) have been custom and it gives a uniqueness to the collection.

I know a lot of people who collect Marangi jerseys, so you want to make sure yours stands out from the crowd. Go custom framing.

I have created my own shadow box frames for my Kelly, Thomas and Reed jerseys. Actually pretty simple stuff, but I don't have the matting down yet. I am hoping my son who is good at that stuff will be able to finish them off. Otherwise KRC's route may be the best, I have seen a vast array of stuff at the memorabilia shops that are well done. You may also consider checking with some of the local art schools in your area for matting suggestions and framing options.

Has anyone ever bought a display case for an NFL jersey online? There is a wide range of styles and costs out there, few (if any) reviews available on quality, and I prefer not to spend a bunch of dough shipping something back and forth.

I've had my Gary Marangi for a long time and finally want to display it proudly, so I hope there can be some good feedback here.

Mods, if you can leave this hear before shipping it off to Consumer, I'd appreciate it.

Wow, great question. I have a Gary Marangi game tossed football that I would like to display as well.

I had one done at a frame shop. It was expensive (about $200) but it looks awesome.

I know a lot of people who collect Marangi jerseys, so you want to make sure yours stands out from the crowd. Go custom framing.

Thanks, Prez. I just found a memorabilia shop near me in Riverside that is pretty comparable in price to the online folks, with the caveat that I have to send them the jersey (which freaks me out a little), but otherwise they seem to have a great product.

Wow, great question. I have a Gary Marangi game tossed football that I would like to display as well.

Knowing Marangi, you probably caught that ball in the stands after an errant pass.

I had one done at a frame shop. It was expensive (about $200) but it looks awesome.

The frame shop I originally went to (Michaels Crafts) wanted $500, which is why I started looking online. I want to have a nice display and all, but $500? Craziness.

Knowing Marangi, you probably caught that ball in the stands after an errant pass.

I was thinking he got it from the defensive player who picked it off, but I like your version better...