Mark my words.......

Just my two cents.... the premise of this post is that Donte Whitner will elevate his game into an elite status. My feelings are that with the offseason moves being complete, it is NOT out of the realm of possibilities that Mr. Whitner could, indeed, achieve this lofty goal. Now, will he?? I would err on the side that he will remain a vital cog in a highly improved defense going forward. By the way, I'd also offer that elite, to me, would be a series of Pro Bowl appearances and furthermore, Donte is getting awfully close to that type of recognition, IMO!!! I seriously hope he gets there for all our sakes, including his!!!

the main problem with using pro-bowls as a requirement is that they are nothing but a popularity contest, and he's going up against polamalu and sanders. Its entirely possible he outplays both of them but would still get snubbed.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the main problem with using pro-bowls as a requirement is that they are nothing but a popularity contest, and he's going up against polamalu and sanders. Its entirely possible he outplays both of them but would still get snubbed.

If he outplays both Polamalu and Sanders, he will be considered elite, regardless of whether or not he gets the nod. Kerry Rhodes is a Pro Bowl caliber safety that has yet to get voted in... I'd be thrilled to see Donte perform even close to that. But as you said, he's not there yet.

If he outplays both Polamalu and Sanders, he will be considered elite, regardless of whether or not he gets the nod. Kerry Rhodes is a Pro Bowl caliber safety that has yet to get voted in... I'd be thrilled to see Donte perform even close to that. But as you said, he's not there yet.

rhodes is the other safety i was thinking of. my point was simply that the pro-bowl is a popular vote of well known names, regardless of play. thats why i hate using it as a barometer for how well players perform. Not to mention that with all the drop-outs, lots of underserving players become "pro-bowlers" every single season.