Fred Davis

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3380976

ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins second-round draft pick Fred Davis did not show up for minicamp practice Sunday, prompting the team to send security officials to find the tight end.

"Everybody was scouring," coach Jim Zorn said after practice. "Nobody heard from him, so there was one of two scenarios. Either there was some real trouble and we needed to find him, or he screwed up. I haven't even got to talk to him yet. I know he has been found. I believe it is more in the 'I screwed up' category."

The team was expected to give more details on Davis' absence later Sunday.

Davis was the 48th overall pick out of Southern California in last weekend's draft. He and the other rookies were staying in a local hotel during the three-day minicamp that ended Sunday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3380976

ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins second-round draft pick Fred Davis did not show up for minicamp practice Sunday, prompting the team to send security officials to find the tight end.

"Everybody was scouring," coach Jim Zorn said after practice. "Nobody heard from him, so there was one of two scenarios. Either there was some real trouble and we needed to find him, or he screwed up. I haven't even got to talk to him yet. I know he has been found. I believe it is more in the 'I screwed up' category."

The team was expected to give more details on Davis' absence later Sunday.

Davis was the 48th overall pick out of Southern California in last weekend's draft. He and the other rookies were staying in a local hotel during the three-day minicamp that ended Sunday.

good thing we didn't draft him then :lol: Even though I would have supported it at the time.

Yet again it looks like our FO was right. Fine is working hard in the OTAs and is making a solid impression blocking and catching the ball. Looks like Davis is another typical Dan Snyder "Me" player.

per Rotoworld:

Rookie TE Fred Davis failed to show for the third day of Redskins minicamps Sunday because he overslept, according to team officials.

Coach Jim Zorn said afterwards that the team was still gathering information on Davis' whereabouts, but they did track him down. "I'm very disappointed,"

per Rotoworld:

Rookie TE Fred Davis failed to show for the third day of Redskins minicamps Sunday because he overslept, according to team officials.

Coach Jim Zorn said afterwards that the team was still gathering information on Davis' whereabouts, but they did track him down. "I'm very disappointed,"

overslept with whom?